Take your pick from four varieties of Little Austria’s most popular apple strudels: Apple, Apple with Walnuts & Raisins, Apple with Mixed Berries, and Apple with Pecan!
The husband-and-wife duo of Helene & Bernie Gallent grew up in Austria, where great apple strudel isn’t exactly hard to come by. So when they discovered that truly authentic Austrian-style strudel simply couldn’t be found where they lived in Northern Virginia, they took matters into their own hands and founded Little Austria. Helene and Bernie stay true to the old-fashioned, traditional techniques of making Austrian strudel: they’re stretching their dough by hand until super-thin and using only locally-sourced ingredients that are completely free of preservatives and artificial ingredients.
This package serves 24-30 people and includes your choice of 6 Apple Strudels.
- Each strudel serves 4-5 people
- Each strudel weighs approx. 1.75 lbs. and measures approx. 11″ × 3.5″ × 2.5″
- Strudels are unbaked upon arrival
Apple Strudel Flavor Options Include:
- Traditional Apple Strudel – Little Austria’s traditional & authentic apple strudels are made with fresh, orchard-picked apples in a paper-thin, hand-stretched strudel dough. Apple strudels are a staple in Austrian coffee house culture and Little Austria brings them straight to your doorstep. Enjoy your oven-baked strudels with a dollop of whipped cream, vanilla sauce, or vanilla ice cream.
- Apple Strudel with Walnuts & Raisins – Little Austria’s Apple Strudel with Walnuts & Raisins is a tribute to the original Viennese strudel. The rich and round flavor of walnuts and the sweet and juicy raisins give this strudel a little something special.
- Apple Strudel with Mixed Berries – Apple Strudel with Mixed Berries combines fresh apples with sweet raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. The perfect pairing with this delicious, light strudel variation is a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Apple Strudel with Pecans – A generous portion of rich and buttery pecans, mixed with juicy orchard picked apples, toasted breadcrumbs, and cinnamon sugar in a wafer-thin, hand-stretched dough. Enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla sauce.
- Traditional Apple Strudel – Apples, Cane Sugar, Organic Wheat Flour, Breadcrumbs (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt), Water, Sunflower Oil, Cornstarch, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ground Cinnamon, Salt.
- Apple Strudel With Walnuts & Raisins – Apples, Cane Sugar, Organic Wheat Flour, Breadcrumbs (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt), Walnuts, Raisins, Water, Sunflower Oil, Cornstarch, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ground Cinnamon, Salt.
- Apple Strudel With Mixed Berries – Apples, Mixed Berries (Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries), Cane Sugar, Organic Wheat Flour, Breadcrumbs (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Sea Salt), Water, Sunflower Oil, Cornstarch, Apple Cider Vinegar, Ground Cinnamon, Salt.
- Apple Strudel with Pecans – Apples, Cane Sugar, Organic Wheat Flour, Breadcrumbs (Unbleached Wheat Flour, Organic Cane Sugar, Yeast, Salt), Water, Sunflower Oil, Pecans, Apple Cider Vinegar, Corn Starch, Ground Cinnamon, Salt.
Instructions / Storage
- Strudels ship frozen with dry ice.
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit, product may thaw.
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon arrival, immediately place strudels in the freezer until ready to bake.
- Strudels last up to 9 months in the freezer.
- Do not thaw strudels.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove frozen strudel from all packaging and place without paper mold onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush strudel with either sunflower oil or melted butter on all sides (not included).
- Bake to desired level of browning for approx. 40-50 minutes (oven types vary – adjust baking time and temperature accordingly).
- Remove strudel from oven (ideally before) you see a crack forming on the bottom seam.
- Let cool down (strudel can be very hot inside!) and cut with a serrated knife.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and enjoy with a dollop of whipped cream, vanilla sauce, or vanilla ice cream (not included).
We use fresh apples and it is completely normal for some liquid to leak during baking.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Little Austria ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.