Jewish Delis used to make rolled beef but these days Liebman’s is one of the only delicatessens still producing this uniform of an item. Very similar to pastrami, tolled beef is a masterfully rolled and netted pastrami roast with a hearty rub crush on the outside. This specialty is prized because of the marbelized fat running throughout the entire cut, creating a melt-in-your-mouth delicious experience so smooth and silky that it has been dubbed “The Rolls Royce of Deli Meats.” Serve cold or at room temperature sandwiched between some deli rye with a touch of mustard.
When Joseph Liebman opened his restaurant in 1953, there were over 100 Jewish delis in the Bronx. Today, Liebman’s is the only one standing. For too many people, stepping into Liebman’s is a time warp—from its simple neon sign, to the no frills Formica tabletops and padded booths, this deli is a genuine taste of old New York.
This package makes 4-6 sandwiches and includes:
- 2 lbs of thinly sliced Rolled Beef, arrives in 4 packages (1/2 lb. each)
- 1 Quart of Pickles
- 16 Slices of Rye Bread
- Classic Deli Mustard (1/2 lb.)
- Choose to add a Liebman’s T-shirt
Rolled Beef Beef: Kosher Beef, water, kosher salt, sugar, black pepper, whole & ground spices, fresh garlic, dried chilies, caramel color, sodium phosphate, sodium nitrite
Rye Bread: flour, water, yeast, salt
Pickles: cucumber, water, salt, spices.
Instructions / Storage
- Sandwich kit is shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit
- Meat is made to order and flash-frozen for shipping
- Upon arrival, place the meat, pickles and mustard in the refrigerator. May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days
- If serving later, place the meat and bread in the freezer – may be kept frozen for up to 30 days
- Allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or on a countertop before serving
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Liebman’s Deli ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.