GIANT Wagyu Meatball and Garlic Bread for 4-6
Take a look around the dining room at LAVO and you’ll notice these two dishes on just about every table: TAO’s fabled one-pound meatball, made with a combination of Wagyu beef, veal, and Italian sausage, nestled in a pool of sausage ragu and topped with fresh whipped ricotta. It’s so legendary that it’s listed on the menu simply as “THE MEATBALL!” When paired with buttery garlic bread with sauces, it’s the making of a perfect date night.
LAVO is a globally recognized destination for Italian cuisine, helmed by Chef Partner Ralph Scamardella, with iconic locations in New York, Las Vegas, and Singapore.
This package serves 4-6 People and includes:
- 2 Lavo One-pound Meatballs
- 16 oz. Sausage Ragu
- 2 oz. Squeeze Bottle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Whipped Ricotta
- ½ Cup Grated Pecorino Cheese
- 1 Bunch of Italian Parsley
- 1 Semolina Loaf (16")
- 8 oz. Garlic Butter
- ½ Cup Basil Pesto
- ½ Cup Marinara Sauce
- ½ Cup Gorgonzola Crema Sauce
- The Meatball – Imperial Wagyu Beef, Veal, Italian Sausage, Milk, Bread, Onion, Garlic, Chicken Stock, Eggs, Bread Crumbs (Enriched Flour [Wheat Flour, Malted Barley, Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Vegetable Oil [soybean and/or Cottonseed and/or Corn and/or Canola Oils]. Contains 2% or Less Of: Salt, Yeast, Honey, Molasses, Sugar, Wheat Gluten, Whey, Soy Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Rye Flour, White Corn Flour, Oat Bran, Rice Flour, Potato Flour, Butter, Dough Conditioners [mono- and Diglycerides, Sodium and/or Calcium Stearoyl Lactylate, Soy Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate], Yeast Nutrients [ammonium Sulfate, Calcium Sulfate, Monocalcium Phosphate], Distilled Vinegar, Nonfat Milk, Buttermilk, Lactic Acid, Calcium Propionate [preservative], Potassium Sorbate [preservative], Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Egg), Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid). Oregano, Mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, Parmigiano Reggiano, Parsley, Basil, Salt, Olive Oil.
- Sausage Ragu – San Marzano Tomatoes, Imperial Wagyu Beef, Italian Sausage, Onions, Garlic, Olive Oil, Parsley, Basil, Salt, Black Pepper.
- Whipped Ricotta – Pasteurized Whole Cow’s Milk, Pasteurized Sheep’s Milk, Starter Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- *Semolina Loaf: Unbleached AP Flour, Semolina Flour, Water, Yeast, Salt, Olive Oil
- Marinara Sauce – San Marzano Tomatoes, Onion, Garlic, Olive Oil, Basil, Salt, Black Pepper, Parmigiana Reggiano
- Basil Pesto: Basil – Pine Nuts, Garlic, Parmigiano Reggiano, Pecorino Romano, Salt, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Gorgonzola Crema – Pecorino Cream (Pecorino Cheese (Pasteurized Sheep’s Milk, Salt, Rennet), Pasteurized Sheep’s Milk Ricotta, Water, Gorgonzola Dolce (Pasteurized Cow’s Milk))
- Garlic Butter – Butter, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Oregano, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Pecorino Romano, Parsley, Garlic, Black Pepper, Basil, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- The meatballs are made fresh to order, roasted, and promptly frozen
- Meatballs ship frozen and may arrive partially thawed
- Upon receipt, if you plan to cook that day please allow to fully defrost before cooking
- Or store in fridge for up to 2 days or freezer for 2-3 weeks.
- Upon receipt the garlic bread should be made that day
- May also be placed in the refrigerator and can be stored for 2-3 days
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place meatballs in a deep oven-proof dish or roasting pan and cover with the sausage ragu
- Add 4oz of water to thin out the sauce slightly, and cover with a tight-fitting lid or aluminum foil (shiny side down).
- Place in preheated oven and heat for 40 minutes until internal temperature of each meatball reaches 165 degrees
- Remove dish from oven, then remove the meatballs from the sauce
- Transfer sauce to a small sauce pan and simmer until desired consistency
- Seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a shallow bowl, spoon 4-6oz of sausage ragu on the bottom of the bowl
- Place meatball on top of the ragù and then spoon a little more sauce over the top
- Finish your meatball with a heaping spoonful of whipped ricotta, a sprinkle of grated pecorino cheese and chopped parsley
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and enjoy!
- Semolina loaves are shipped frozen and may arrive partially thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and allow garlic butter to come to room temperature.
- Use a serrated knife to split each semolina loaf lengthwise
- Evenly spread garlic butter on the cut sides of the bread, sprinkle with grated pecorino cheese, and lightly season with salt and pepper
- Place halves on a baking sheet, cut side up, and place in oven for 8-10 minutes until edges start to brown
- While bread is browning, heat the marinara in a small sauce pan until hot
- Rub another small pan with olive oil and scoop the gorgonzola crema into the pan
- Gently heat on stove top over low heat stirring occasionally until cheese is melted and hot
- Remove bread from oven
- Close the loaves so the cut sides are together and the top of the loaves are facing you
- Brush or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle generously with grated pecorino cheese
- Place back into the oven for 5 minutes, or until grated cheese has melted onto bread
- Remove from oven and slice into desired thickness
- Sprinkle with more grated cheese and chopped parsley
How to Enjoy Garlic Bread
- To enjoy your garlic bread, you can use the sauces as dips (marinara, gorgonzola crema, basil pesto) OR for an over the top presentation, present the bread to your family or guests at the dinner table, then pour each sauce over the top of each loaf
- We suggest starting with the gorgonzola crema, then marinara and finish with basil pesto.
- LAVO ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.