A Louisiana favorite! These appetizer-size traditional meat pies start with a flaky house-made crust, and they’re filled with ground beef, ground pork, and plenty of Creole seasonings.
James Lasyone grew up working in the Louisiana cotton fields before becoming a butcher. After perfecting his classic Cajun meat pie recipe in 1967 he went into business with $50, an iron pot, and a burner, and nowadays Lasyone’s Meat Pies is a downtown Natchitoches institution, run by James’ daughters, Angela and Tina.
This package includes your choice of 2, 3, or 4 dozen Mini Cajun Meat Pies
- 2 Mini Pies serve 1 person
- Mini pies measure 3″ × 1.5″ and weigh 2 oz.
- Pies require frying
Self Rising Flour, Lard, Non-fat Dry Milk, Ground Beef, Ground Pork, Bell Peppers, Onions, Granulated Garlic, Salt, Crushed Red Chilies, Egg Shade, MSG, Kitchen Bouquet, All Purpose Flour, Cumin, Allspice, Water. Made In Facility That Uses Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- Pies ship frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place in the freezer immediately or in the fridge to thaw
- Maybe kept frozen for up to 3 months or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
- If frozen, allow pies to thaw for 30 minutes in the refrigerator
- Heat a pot of oil to 350 degrees
- Deep Fry pies until the dough is golden brown (The filling is already cooked)
- Be sure and move pies around so they do not stick to each other
- Drain the oil from the pies by standing them up on non-crimped side (not laying down)
- Lasyone’s Meat Pies ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.