Smoked Tamworth Bacon
This is bacon like you’ve never tasted it before: delicately savory with a melt-in-your-mouth texture when crisped. The heritage Tamworth breed is known for its succulent belly meat and sweet nutty flavor—La Quercia’s smoked pancetta showcases those qualities and adds a subtle smokiness that highlights rather than overpowers.
Tamworths are historically known as ‘the bacon pig’ for their thick meaty bellies, excellent flavor, and golden fat. This meat is pasture-raised without antibiotics on Russ Kremer’s Ozark Mountain Farm and three others in Osage County, Missouri. His family has been selecting this red-haired threatened breed for three generations
Founded by Herb and Kathy Eckhouse in 2005 outside of Des Moines, Iowa, La Quercia has made it their mission to create the world’s finest cured meats using only humanely-raised, antibiotic-free pork here in America.
The Eckhouses spent three years living in Parma (prosciutto’s ancestral home) before opening a prosciuttificio of their own, and they’re using the same artisan techniques that have been practiced for centuries to turn simple and honest American ingredients into some of the world’s finest cured meats.
- Minimum purchase of 2 required
- Each piece of slab bacon is approximately 16-18 oz.
- Fully cured for 3 months, then smoked over applewood
- Made with pork that is raised humanely on family farms without the use of antibiotics.
- No nitrites, nitrates, or substitutes.
- Ingredients: pork and sea salt.
Instructions / Storage
- Store in a cool dry place
- Can be kept unopened for 12 months
- Once opened, be sure to use within 3-5 days of opening
- 80% higher yield after cooking than conventional bacon due to the dry-curing process and lower water content.
- Can be eaten with or without cooking. We recommend cooking more lightly than you usually would bacon or pancetta.
- Ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.