These original Derby Pies were created over 40 years ago at the Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky. Since then, the Derby Pie has become the quintessential Kentucky dessert. Still made with the same secret recipe it was made with years ago, this decadent pie features a mix of chocolate chips and walnut tart, in a crumbly yummy pie shell. The Kern’s family patented this pie and are the only ones who make it!!
These pie tarts are exactly the same as the original, but just smaller! Each Derby pie tart serves one and is perfect for your Kentucky Derby party!
- This package includes 50 Derby Pie Tarts
- Each Derby Pie Tart is approximately 3-4" round and serves 1
- Each Derby Pie tart is baked fresh and arrives wrapped tightly in an original Kern’s Kitchen Box
Instructions / Storage
A Derby Pie is best served by slicing frozen and serving warm. We recommend you heating your pie for 12 minutes at 350º. The pie will come out of the oven with a perfect, flaky crust. It will be warm, toasty, and ready-to-eat, a perfect blend of sweet, crunchy goodness that will satisfy almost everyone’s innate need for chocolate!
Pie tarts can be kept at room temperature for up to 10 days after arrival
- Pies ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.