Kentucky Derby Pie + Mint Julep Mix
These original Derby Pies were created over 40 years ago at the Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky. Since then, the Derby Pie has become the quintessential Kentucky dessert. Still made with the same secret recipe it was made with years ago, this decadent pie features a mix of chocolate chips and walnut tart, in a crumbly yummy pie shell. The Kern’s family patented this pie and are the only ones who make it!!
Enjoy your Derby Pie with some of Evan Williams Mint Julep Mix for the full derby experience.
Each Package includes:
- 1 Derby Pie, 9"
- 1 bottle of Evan Williams Mint Julep Mix, 12.5 oz.
- Each Derby Pie serves 8-10 people and arrives wrapped tightly in an original Kern’s Kitchen Box
- Each bottle of Mint Julep Mix makes up to 24 drinks
Instructions / Storage
- Each Derby Pie can be kept at room temperature for up to 10 days after arrival
- The pie may also be kept in the refrigerator for 6 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months
- A Derby Pie is best served by slicing frozen and serving warm.
- We recommend you heating your pie for 12 minutes at 350º. The pie will come out of the oven with a perfect, flaky crust. It will be warm, toasty, and ready-to-eat, a perfect blend of sweet, crunchy goodness that will satisfy almost everyone’s innate need for chocolate!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Pies ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.