TODAY ONLY: Exclusive Package of 2 Pies for the price of 1!
Kern’s Kitchen ships its famous Kentucky Derby Pie nationwide on Goldbelly! These original Derby Pies were created over 40 years ago at the Melrose Inn in Prospect, Kentucky. Since then, the Derby Pie has become the quintessential Kentucky dessert. Still made with the same secret recipe it was made with years ago, this decadent Derby pie features a mix of chocolate chips and walnut tart in a crumbly yummy pie shell. The Kern’s family patented this pie and are the only ones who make it!!
More than half a century after the first Derby Pie was pulled out of the oven, Kern’s Kitchen sells more than 100,000 Derby Pies a year. Leaudra and Walter Kern, along with their son, George, created the Derby Pie in 1954 (the name was pulled out of a hat!). This gooey pie features rich chocolate and walnut chunks and a perfectly flaky crust. Most importantly, the Louisville, Kentucky, bakery is the only one in the country baking them. Each pie is still baked one at a time.
For a Limited Time: Package of 2 Derby Pies for the price of 1!
- Each pie is 9" and serves 8-10 people and arrives wrapped tightly in an original Kern’s Kitchen Box
Instructions / Storage
- Each Derby Pie can be kept at room temperature for up to 10 days after arrival
- May also be stored in the refrigerator for 6 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months
- A Derby Pie is best served by slicing while frozen and reheating.
- 1. Heat your pie for 12 minutes at 350º.
- 2. The pie will come out of the oven with a perfect, flaky crust. It will be warm, toasty, and ready-to-eat, a perfect blend of sweet, crunchy goodness that will satisfy almost everyone’s innate need for chocolate! Enjoy!
- Pies ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.