Kern’s Kitchen ships its famous Kentucky Derby Pie nationwide on Goldbelly! Get a head start with this Kentucky Derby Gift Box! Included is 1 Kern’s Kitchen Derby Pie—a mix of chocolate chips and walnut tart in a crumbly yummy pie shell, 1 Box of Woodford Reserve’s decadent bourbon balls—a Kentucky classic made with premium Woodford Reserve Bourbon and delicious dark chocolate topped with a pecan, 1 delicious Kentucky Woods Bourbon Barrel Cake—a brown sugar cake blended with chocolate and bourbon topped with walnuts and a chocolate and maple caramel drizzle, 1 bottle of Woodford Reserve Mint Julep Syrup, and 2 Official Derby Glasses! Anyone of any age can eat a slice of Kentucky Woods Barrel Cake. Even though each cake is made with bourbon, it cooks out during the baking leaving less than .5% alcohol as a result. The bourbon cake retains its rich bourbon taste through a unique recipe that preserves the essence of the bourbon flavor without any alcohol.
More than half a century after the first Derby Pie was pulled out of the oven, Kern’s Kitchen sells more than 100,000 Derby Pies a year. Leaudra and Walter Kern, along with their son, George, created the Derby Pie in 1954 (the name was pulled out of a hat!). This gooey pie features rich chocolate and walnut chunks and a perfectly flaky crust. Most importantly, the Louisville, Kentucky, bakery is the only one in the country baking them. Each pie is still baked one at a time.
This package includes
- 1 Kentucky Derby Pie (9")
- 1 Box of Bourbon Balls (32 pcs)
- 1 Bourbon Barrel Cake (10")
- 20 oz. Woodford Mint Julep Mix
- 2 Official Derby Glasses (12 oz. each)
- Derby Pie serves 8-10 people and arrives wrapped tightly in an original Kern’s Kitchen Box)
- Bourbon Barrel Cake serves 10-12 people and arrives tightly wrapped in a Wood Box
- Each Bourbon Ball weighs approx 0.5 oz.
- Bourbon Balls Arrive n a green and copper embossed gift box
Pie – Sugar, Walnuts, Margarine (Soybean Oil, Palm Oil, Water, Salt, Mono & Diglycerides, Soybean Lecithin, (Soy), Natural Butter Flavor, Colored With Annatto, Vitamin A Palmitate Added), Eggs, Semi-sweet Chocolate (Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa Butter, Milk Fat, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors), Wheat Flour, Butter (Milk & Salt), Imitation Vanilla Extract (Water, Alcohol, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Propylene Glycol, Vanillin, Caramel Color, Artificial Flavor, Heliotropine), Wheat Flour, Shortening (High Oleic Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil), Water, Sugar, Salt. Contains Milk, Eggs, Soy, Tree Nut (Walnut) And Wheat Ingredients.
Bourbon Balls – Sugar, Bitter Sweet Chocolate (Chocolate Liquor (processed with Alkali), Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Lecithin- an emulsifier (Soy), and Vanilla), Water, Dairy Cream, Dairy Butter, Pecans, Nukreme (Invert Sugar, Corn Syrup, Water, Egg White, Potato Starch, Cream of Tarter, Pure Vanilla and Invertase), Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey, Artificial Flavors, Invertase (an enzyme)
Barrel Cake – Yellow Cake (Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour Bleached) (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Dry Egg Whites, Soybean Oil, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyropphosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Food Starch-modified, Propylene Glycol, Mono & Diesters Of Fatty Acids, Dry Egg Yolk, Dextrose, Mono & Diglycerides, Salt, Sorbitan Monostearate, Nonfat Dry Milk, Soy Lecithin, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Water, Corn Syrup, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Corn Oil, Beta Carotene As Color, Alpha Tocopherols As A Preservative, Caramel Color), Chocolate Cake (Cocoa Processed With Alkali), Butter (Cream), Eggs, Malted Milk (What Flour And Malted Barley Extracts, Dry Whole Milk, Sodium Bicarbonate), Semi-sweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate), Vanillin (Artificial Flavor), Dark Brown Sugar (Molasses), Vanilla (Alcohol, Artificial Flavors (Contains Sulfites), Natural Whiskey Flavor, Bourbon, Dry Buttermilk, Maple Flavoring (Sodium Benzoate), Powdered Sugar, Vitamin D Whole Milk, Margarine (Partially Hydrogenated And Fully Refined Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Soy Lecitin, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Artificial Flavor, Colored With Beta Carotene (Source Of Vitamin A), And Vitamin A Palmitate Added), Margarine (Liquid And Partially Hydrgenated Soybeann Oil, Sodim Benzoate (A Preservative), Citric Acid, Whey Solids, Calcium Disodium EDTA Added To Protect Flavor), Walnuts, Buttercream Flavoring (Cocoa Processed With Potassium Carbonate), Calcium Propanoate. Contains Milk, Walnuts, Eggs, Wheat And Soy.
Mint Julep Mix – Raw Demerara Sugar, Distilled Water, Natural Mint Flavor, Lactic Acid (Less Than 1%)
Instructions / Storage
- Mint Julep Mix, Barrel Cake, and Bourbon Balls arrive ready to enjoy.
- Bourbon Barrel Cake can be kept at room temperature in its original packaging for up to 7 days, in the refrigerator for up to 14 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Once opened, serve within 5 days.
- Bourbon balls can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 90 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Kentucky Derby Pie can be kept at room temperature for up to 10 days, in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Bourbon Balls + Bourbon Barrel Cake
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Bake for 12 minutes and enjoy!
- Pies ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.