A Kentucky Woods Bourbon Barrel Cake starts off with a brown sugar cake that is blended with a chocolate cake that has been made with 3 kinds of aged Kentucky bourbon. It is topped with Walnuts and then baked, cooled and soaked in a secret process to bring out the essence of the cake and make it into a unique, moist, and decadently rich dessert. It is finally topped with a chocolate and maple caramel drizzle before it is packed into a handmade wood barrel cake box that makes it perfect for gifting!
Anyone of any age can eat a slice of Kentucky Woods Barrel Cake, too: even though each cake is made with bourbon, it cooks out during the baking leaving less than .5% alcohol as a result. The cake retains its rich bourbon taste through a unique recipe that preserves the essence of the bourbon flavor without any alcohol.
Bourbon has proudly been produced in Kentucky using charred oak barrels since the 18th century, and two hundred years of tradition are in every Kentucky Woods Bourbon Barrel Cake. Founded in 1983 by Adam Matthews Burckle, this is the only bakery that makes the Kentucky Woods Bourbon Barrel cake from a secret family recipe and tradition known only to a few select people and master bakers.
Each package includes:
- 1 Bourbon Barrel Cake, 10"
- 1 bottle of Evan Williams Mint Julep Mix, 12.5 oz
- Each Bourbon Barrel Cake serves 10-12 people and arrives tightly wrapped in a wood box
- Each bottle of Mint Julep Mix makes 24 drinks
Barrel Cake – Yellow Cake (Sugar, Enriched Wheat Flour Bleached) (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Ferrous Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Dry Egg Whites, Soybean Oil, Leavening (Baking Soda, Sodium Acid Pyropphosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate), Food Starch-modified, Propylene Glycol, Mono & Diesters Of Fatty Acids, Dry Egg Yolk, Dextrose, Mono & Diglycerides, Salt, Sorbitan Monostearate, Nonfat Dry Milk, Soy Lecithin, Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Water, Corn Syrup, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Corn Oil, Beta Carotene As Color, Alpha Tocopherols As A Preservative, Caramel Color), Chocolate Cake (Cocoa Processed With Alkali), Butter (Cream), Eggs, Malted Milk (What Flour And Malted Barley Extracts, Dry Whole Milk, Sodium Bicarbonate), Semi-sweet Chocolate (Unsweetened Chocolate), Vanillin (Artificial Flavor), Dark Brown Sugar (Molasses), Vanilla (Alcohol, Artificial Flavors (Contains Sulfites), Natural Whiskey Flavor, Bourbon, Dry Buttermilk, Maple Flavoring (Sodium Benzoate), Powdered Sugar, Vitamin D Whole Milk, Margarine (Partially Hydrogenated And Fully Refined Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Mono And Diglycerides, Soy Lecitin, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Artificial Flavor, Colored With Beta Carotene (Source Of Vitamin A), And Vitamin A Palmitate Added), Margarine (Liquid And Partially Hydrgenated Soybeann Oil, Sodim Benzoate (A Preservative), Citric Acid, Whey Solids, Calcium Disodium EDTA Added To Protect Flavor), Walnuts, Buttercream Flavoring (Cocoa Processed With Potassium Carbonate), Calcium Propanoate. Contains Milk, Walnuts, Eggs, Wheat And Soy.
Mint Julep Mix – Raw Demerara Sugar, Distilled Water, Natural Mint Flavor, Lactic Acid (Less Than 1%)
Instructions / Storage
- Each Bourbon Barrel Cake arrives tightly wrapped in a Wood Box
- Each Bourbon Barrel Cake can be kept at room temperature in it’s original packaging for up to 7 days upon arrival
- Each Bourbon Barrel Cake can be frozen and re-frozen for up to 3 months
- No deliveries on Saturday, Sunday or Mondays
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.