Feed the whole family with Kenny & Ziggy’s Rosh Hashanah Dinner for 4-6. Each package includes chicken soup, matzo balls, chopped liver, tzimmis, chocolate babka, and assorted rugelach. Then you get to choose your side, noodle kugel or carrot souffle, and your entrée, brisket or stuffed cabbages.
Can a holiday dinner get any better?
Kenny & Ziggy’s is not only the top Jewish deli in Texas, but also one of the best delis in America. In the early 1900s, Max Gruber (Ziggy’s grandfather) left Budapest, Hungary, on a bicycle. He pedaled his way across Europe to the Atlantic coast and eventually sailed for the United States, ending up on New York’s Lower East Side. In 1927, he and his brothers-in-law Morris and Izzy Rappaport opened the first Jewish deli on Broadway! Two generations later, Houston businessman Lenny Friedman convinced third-generation deli man Ziggy Gruber that Houston needed an authentic Jewish deli of its own (Ziggy ran successful delis in New York and Los Angeles). The rest is delicious history.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- 1 Protein, your choice
- 1 Side, your choice
- 2 Qts. Chicken Soup
- 6 Matzo Balls
- 1/2 Pt. Chopped Liver
- 1 Pt. Tzimmes
- 1 Chocolate Babka
- 12 Assorted Rugelach
Protein Options Include
- 1½ lbs. Brisket with Gravy and 2 Stuffed Cabbages
- 2 lbs. Brisket with Gravy
- 5 Stuffed Cabbages
Side Options Include
- Noodle Kugel – 9"
- Carrot Soufflé – 9"
Contains: Gluten, Eggs
Instructions / Storage
- Ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Protein, Matzo Balls, Liver, Sides can be stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen for up to 3 months
- Babkas and Rugelach stay fresh at room temperature for up to 5 days, in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Allow items to thaw in refrigerator overnight before preparing.
Chocolate Babka & Rugelach
- These items arrive ready to enjoy at room temperature.
Matzah Balls and Soup
- Transfer all of the soup into a large saucepan or pot
- Place the matzoh balls in the soup and bring to a simmer, gently stirring periodically
- Do not bring to a full boil as this may cause the matzoh balls to break apart
DO NOT BOIL RAPIDLY AS THE MATZO BALLS MAY BREAK
- Heat contents in tin for 15 minutes at 250 ̊. Remove top and heat for an additional 10-15 minutes to crisp the top.
Brisket with Gravy and 2 Stuffed Cabbages
- Preheat oven to 325
- Heat Brisket on a sheet pan for 5-7 minutes, check and flip halfway through
- Heat gravy in a saucepan for 3-5 minutes, stirring regularly
- Preheat oven to 250
- Leave in the tin, replace the lid with foil, or place in a Pyrex dish with foil on top.
- Heat at 250 ̊ for 35–45 minutes
- This item arrives ready to enjoy at a cool temperature
- Kenny & Ziggy’s ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.