Fresh food from Kenny & Ziggy’s should be enjoyed within two days of arrival. All food may also be frozen for up to 2 months with the exception of the following items (which should be refrigerated and never be frozen): Mustard, Russian Dressing, Sauerkraut, Pickles, Cream Cheese, Apple Sauce, Coleslaw and Sour Cream
Reuben Sandwich Kit
- STEP 1 Take the corned beef out of its wrapper and portion what you are going to use. We recommend 12 oz. per sandwich for a heaping helping!
- STEP 2 You can steam the corned beef one of two ways: (a) Preheat oven to 300°F. Lay the meat out evenly on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of water on top of the meat then fold the foil closed. Place aluminum wrapped meat in the oven to steam for 10 minutes; OR (b) Steam the corned beef on your stovetop in a double-boiler until it’s warm.
- STEP 3 Remove butter from your refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften. Using 2 slices of fresh rye bread for each sandwich, butter each slice on both sides and grill in a pan until both sides of each slice are golden brown.
- STEP 4 Place 3 slices of Swiss cheese on one slice of grilled rye. Slather Russian dressing on top of the Swiss cheese and on the other slice of grilled rye.
- STEP 5 Heat the Sauerkraut – either in a small saucepan for 2-3 minutes or in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds.
- STEP 6 Place the warm corned beef on top of the bread slice with Swiss cheese. Add warm sauerkraut. Close the sandwich, cut in half and enjoy!
Corned Beef, Pastrami, Tongue, Roasted Turkey & Salami
These deli meats can be enjoyed cold but if you prefer to warm the meat, follow the instructions in Step 2 in the Reuben Sandwich Kit above. If an oven or stove is not available, you may warm the meat in the microwave as follows:
- STEP 1 Lay the meat out evenly on a microwave-safe plate.
- STEP 2 drizzle a tablespoon of water over the meat, cover with plastic wrap and heat in the microwave on high for 20 to 30 seconds for every 4 slices of meat.
- STEP 3 Carefully remove plastic wrap when finished. Enjoy!
Kosher franks may be either grilled or boiled. On the grill, cook franks over medium heat for 6 to 9 minutes, turning frequently. On the stovetop, carefully place franks into boiling water. Cover the pot and boil franks for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and let stand for 5 to 7 minutes. Enjoy!
Smoked Whitefish, Lox, Nova, Gefilte Fish, Sliced Sable, Sliced Sturgeon, Cream Cheese, Egg Salad, Chicken Salad & Potato Salad
These items arrive ready to enjoy at a cool temperature.