You’ll be backyard grilling in style wearing Keens’s new “nice to meat you” Apron with this kit for father’s day, complete with signature 8 oz burgers, thick-cut bacon, 2 USDA prime filet mignons, and Keens’ signature steak sauce.
This legendary New York steakhouse was founded by Albert Keen in 1885 and quickly became a hangout for actors in the surrounding Herald Square Theater District as well as politicians, producers, newspaper men, and sports stars. The Theater District may have moved uptown since then, but Keens remains relatively unchanged, down to the historic prints and playbills lining the walls and regulars’ old churchwarden smoking pipes displayed on the ceiling. On top of being one of New York’s most historic restaurants, Keens Steakhouse is also one of its very best steakhouses. The steaks are dry-aged and USDA Prime, the burgers are a blend of chuck and dry-aged beef and ground fresh daily, and the mutton chop — a whole saddle of mature lamb, with the loin, tenderloin and belly — has been the signature dish for more than 100 years. Keens Steakhouse has been featured on Food Network’s The Best Thing I Ever Ate, Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations, and, Delicious Destinations with Andrew Zimmern.
This package serves 6 people and includes
- 4 Burgers (each 8 oz.)
- 4 Brioche Buns
- 4 Half Sour Pickles
- 2 Filet Mignon (each 8 oz.)
- 4 Thick Cut Bacon Strips (16 oz. total)
- 1 bottle Keens Steak Sauce (10 oz.)
- 1 Keens “Nice to Meat You” Apron
Choose to Add Merch to your Order
- Keens Cutting Board
- Keens Steak Sauce
- Keens Mint Jelly
- Keens T-Shirt
- Keens Shot Glass
Instructions / Storage
- Filet Mignon ships fresh, never frozen, uncooked, and with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Burgers ship frozen
- When you receive your order you should immediately refrigerate or freeze all items
- Meats may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or frozen for 2 months.
- Do not re-freeze thawed burgers
- If frozen, defrost in the refrigerator overnight
- Let the Filet Mignon come to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pat dry with a paper towel and season both sides with kosher salt
- Heat a heavy bottom ovenproof sauté pan, add 2 oz cooking oil and when the oil hot, brown the filet on both sides
- Pour out the excess fat and place in the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 125-130 degrees in reached
- Remove the filet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Let defrost in the refrigerator overnight
- Let the burgers come to room temperature. Pat dry the burgers with paper towel
- Season burgers on both sides with kosher salt.
- Heat a heavy bottom sauté pan, add 2 oz cooking oil
- When the oil is hot put the burger in the pan
- Cook on the first side for 3-4 minutes
- Place the buns in the toaster oven
- Flip the burger over and cook for additional 3-5 minutes to your preferred doneness
- Serve with Half Sour pickles and assemble with toasted Brioche buns
- Place the bacon in an unheated skillet
- Cook over medium-low heat
- Turn frequently until crisp
- Keens Steakhouse ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.