Mooncakes are a traditional dessert enjoyed during Mid Autumn Festival. This is celebrated across Asia on the 15th of the eighth month each year on the lunar calendar—this year it falls on September 24th. It is a celebration of family, reunion and harvest (think Thanksgiving!) On the night of, you can find families gathered for dinner, kids playing with lanterns and people out and about enjoying the full moon and eating mooncakes! Traditionally filled with lotus seed, which has a subtle nutty flavor, and a cured egg yolk, mooncakes now come in various flavors. Kee Wah is especially known for their mooncakes—anyone in Hong Kong can attest to this.
Kee Wah Bakery is quintessentially Hong Kong. Founded by Wong Yip-Wing in 1938, Kee Wah is not only one of Hong Kong’s oldest bakeries, but remains the golden standard for traditional Hong Kong treats.
This gift box includes 8 Yolk Custard Mooncakes (奇華蛋黃奶黃月餅)
- Each mooncake is approximately 2" and arrives individually wrapped
Yolk Custard Moon cakes are extremely fragile and there is a possibility that you may receive the product “cracked.” But they are still delicious! The team Kee Wah is doing the best they can to protect the cakes from any shipping incidents
Instructions / Storage
- Mooncakes arrive ready to enjoy!
- They can be stored at a cool, dry temperature in its original packaging for 10 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Kee Wah Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.