Mooncakes are a traditional dessert enjoyed during Mid Autumn Festival. This is celebrated across Asia on the 15th of the eighth month each year on the lunar calendar—this year it falls on September 13th. It is a celebration of family, reunion and harvest (think Thanksgiving!) On the night of, you can find families gathered for dinner, kids playing with lanterns and people out and about enjoying the full moon and eating mooncakes! Traditionally filled with lotus seed, which has a subtle nutty flavor, and a cured egg yolk, mooncakes now come in various flavors. Kee Wah is especially known for their mooncakes—anyone in Hong Kong can attest to this.
Kee Wah Bakery is quintessentially Hong Kong. Founded by Wong Yip-Wing in 1938, Kee Wah is not only one of Hong Kong’s oldest bakeries, but remains the golden standard for traditional Hong Kong treats.
- This gift box includes 4 Mini Mooncakes (自選精緻綜合迷你)
- Each mini mooncake is approximately 2″×2″ and arrives individually wrapped
- Choose flavors below
- 4 Lotus Seed Paste with yolk (蛋黃蓮蓉)
- 4 Assorted (Lotus with yolk, Date with yolk, Mixed Nuts & Ham, Pineapple Paste)
- 4 Ginger with White Lotus Seed (薑汁純白蓮蓉)
- 4 Red Bean with Orange Peel (陳皮荳沙)
Instructions / Storage
- Mooncakes arrive ready to enjoy!
- They can be stored at room temperature in its original packaging for 10 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Kee Wah Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.