Mooncakes are a traditional dessert enjoyed during Mid Autumn Festival. This is celebrated across Asia on the 15th of the eighth month each year on the lunar calendar. It is a celebration of family, reunion and harvest (think Thanksgiving!) On the night of, you can find families gathered for dinner, kids playing with lanterns and people out and about enjoying the full moon and eating mooncakes! Traditionally filled with white lotus seed, which has a subtle nutty flavor, and a cured egg yolk, mooncakes now come in various flavors. Kee Wah is especially known for their mooncakes—anyone in Hong Kong can attest to this. These luscious Mooncakes are made with pure Lotus Seed paste, which have a delectably sweet taste, and a very gentle aroma.
Kee Wah Bakery is quintessentially Hong Kong. Founded by Wong Yip-Wing in 1938, Kee Wah is not only one of Hong Kong’s oldest bakeries, but remains the golden standard for traditional Hong Kong treats.
This gift box includes serves 4 people and includes 4 White Lotus Seed Mooncakes (奇華白蓮蓉月餅)
- Each mooncake measures approx. 4" and arrives individually wrapped
- Choose to add up to 3 yolks.
White Lotus Paste Filling (Sugar, Lotus Seeds, Peanut Oil, White Starch, Soda Powder), Pastry Shell (Wheat Flour, Water, Sugar, Peanut Oil, Potassium Carbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate), Egg Wash (Chicken Eggs, Water)
Instructions / Storage
- Mooncakes arrive ready to enjoy!
- They can be stored at room temperature in its original packaging for 10 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Kee Wah Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.