Mooncakes are a traditional dessert enjoyed during Mid Autumn Festival. This is celebrated across Asia on the 15th of the eighth month each year on the lunar calendar—this year it falls on October 1st. It is a celebration of family, reunion and harvest (think Thanksgiving!) On the night of, you can find families gathered for dinner, kids playing with lanterns and people out and about enjoying the full moon and eating mooncakes! Traditionally filled with white lotus seed, which has a subtle nutty flavor, and a cured egg yolk, mooncakes now come in various flavors. Kee Wah is especially known for their mooncakes—anyone in Hong Kong can attest to this.
Kee Wah Bakery is quintessentially Hong Kong. Founded by Wong Yip-Wing in 1938, Kee Wah is not only one of Hong Kong’s oldest bakeries, but remains the golden standard for traditional Hong Kong treats.
This gift box includes 4 White Lotus Seed Mooncakes (奇華白蓮蓉月餅)
- Each mooncake is approximately 4″×4″ and arrives individually wrapped
- Each mooncake contains 2 yolks
Instructions / Storage
- Mooncakes arrive ready to enjoy!
- They can be stored at room temperature in its original packaging for 10 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Kee Wah Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.