One of the most classic Hong Kong traditional delicacies, Wife Cakes, also known as Winter Melon Pastries, are made with the finest flour, winter melon paste and sesame. Old Chinese legend has it, the wife in a poor couple sold herself as a slave in order to buy medicine for her dying father-in-law. When the husband found out, he began selling these sweet cakes dedicated to her on the street. The cakes became so popular, he eventually earned enough money to buy his wife back.
Kee Wah Bakery is quintessentially Hong Kong. Founded by Wong Yip-Wing in 1938, Kee Wah is not only one of Hong Kong’s oldest bakeries, but remains the gold standard for traditional Hong Kong treats.
- This gift box includes 8 Wife Cakes
- Each Wife Cake is approximately 4" round and arrives individually wrapped
Instructions / Storage
- Wife Cakes arrive ready to enjoy!
- They can be stored at room temperature in its original packaging for 10 days or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Kee Wah Bakery ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.