Karen’s Kuchens ships its famous kuchens nationwide on Goldbelly! This package gives you the chance to taste the Old Country with four of Karen’s most traditional kuchen: apricot, cottage cheese, prune, and streusel. The Old Way is to say “I love you” with food. With a special treat like kuchen, the tradition lives on.
It’s believed that kuchen (pronounced koo-ken), a German treat that falls somewhere between a cake, pie, and custard, are best made by a grandma. Karen Schwandt, who is indeed a grandma, first sold her kuchens made the Old World way out of the back of a van in Akra, North Dakota, and has been selling her kuchens at the Pride of Dakota since 2006. USA TODAY named the company powered by “Grandma steam” as “The Best Kuchen Nationwide.”
This package serves 24-36 people and includes 4 Kuchens
- Each Kuchen serves 6-8 people and measures 8"
- Apricot – Canned apricots used for this kuchen. Another traditional flavor. Cinamon and sugar sprinkled on top
- Cottage Cheese – Another traditional old-time flavor, only cottage cheese was homemade back then. A creamy cheesy taste sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Karen’s mom’s favorite kuchen. A lot of family members like this one.
- Prune – The Classic Kuchen and oldest flavor in the kuchen family and so loved by the Germanic people. Creamy custard, prunes and topped with sugar and nutmeg
- Streusel – Karen’s plain Jane kuchen. Vanilla flavored custard with a crunchy streusel topping. One of the kuchens has to be just “simple”.
Basic Ingredients: flour, cream, eggs, sugar, milk, shortening, yeast, water, salt
Instructions / Storage
- Kuchens ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Kuchens arrive ready to enjoy
- Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival
- Kuchens may be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to a year
- To serve, allow kuchen to thaw if frozen, remove packaging, and enjoy!
- Kuchens are great warmed up in the microwave
- Karen’s Kuchen ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.