Karen’s Kuchens ships its famous kuchens nationwide on Goldbelly! The Old Way is to say “I love you” with food, this chocolate chip kuchen is made with a creamy custard mixed with mini chocolate chips. Kids and grownups love this kuchen. With a special treat like kuchen, the tradition lives on.
It’s believed that kuchen (pronounced koo-ken), a German treat that falls somewhere between a cake, pie, and custard, are best made by a grandma. Karen Schwandt, who is indeed a grandma, first sold her kuchens made the Old World way out of the back of a van in Akra, North Dakota, and has been selling her kuchens at the Pride of Dakota since 2006. USA TODAY named the company powered by “Grandma steam” as “The Best Kuchen Nationwide.”
This package serves 12-16 people and includes 2 Chocolate Chip Kuchens
- Each Kuchen serves 6-8 people and measures 8"
Basic Ingredients: flour, cream, eggs, sugar, milk, shortening, yeast, water, salt
Instructions / Storage
- Kuchens ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Kuchens arrive ready to enjoy
- Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival
- Kuchens may be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to a year
- To serve, allow kuchen to thaw if frozen, remove packaging, and enjoy!
- Kuchens are great warmed up in the microwave
- Karen’s Kuchen ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.