Karen’s Kuchens ships its famous kuchens nationwide on Goldbelly! The Old Way is to say “I love you” with food. With a special treat like kuchen, the tradition lives on. This package gives you the chance to say “I love you” twice with your choice of four kuchen.
It’s believed that kuchen (pronounced koo-ken), a German treat that falls somewhere between a cake, pie, and custard, are best made by a grandma. Karen Schwandt, who is indeed a grandma, first sold her kuchens made the Old World way out of the back of a van in Akra, North Dakota, and has been selling her kuchens at the Pride of Dakota since 2006. USA TODAY named the company powered by “Grandma steam” as “The Best Kuchen Nationwide.”
This package serves 20-24 people and includes your choice of 12 Mini Kuchen
- Each Kuchen serves 1-2 people and measures to approx 4-5"
- Each Kuchen weighs (8-12 oz.)
Kuchen Options Include
- Almond Creme – Almond flavored custard topped with sliced almonds. A lady’s favorite and so delicate looking
- Apple Fresh green Granny Smith apples or apples from Karen’s daughter’s apple trees used in this traditional apple kuchen. Topped with cinnamon and sugar
- Blueberry Fresh Blueberries that pop while baking or pop in your mouth with a creamy custard. Sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Karen’s daughter likes this one a lot.
- Chocolate Chip – A creamy custard mixed with mini chocolate chips. Kids and grownups love this kuchen. A kids favorite at Farmers Market
- Cottage Cheese – Another traditional old-time flavor, only cottage cheese was homemade back then. A creamy cheesy taste sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Karen’s mom’s favorite kuchen. A lot of family members like this one.
- Juneberry – One of Karen’s top flavors. Fresh frozen juneberries added to a creamy custard and sprinkled with sugar. Juneberries are a cousin to Blueberries but are more woodsy as most of them grow wild. Juneberries have an almond nutty taste to them. They are called Sassatoons or spring berry in Canada.
- Peach – One of Karen’s top flavors. Fresh frozen peaches layered in creamy custard and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
- Prune – The Classic Kuchen and oldest flavor in the kuchen family and so loved by the Germanic people. Creamy custard, prunes and topped with sugar and nutmeg
- Raspberry – Creamy custard with fresh frozen raspberries. Sugar added and sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. Locally picked raspberries when in season.
- Strawberry Rhubarb – Karen’s number 1 flavor. This one is always sold out first at Farmers Market. A sweet tangy taste all at one time. Rhubarb picked locally and fresh frozen strawberries used. Sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
- Streusel – Karen’s plain Jane kuchen. Vanilla flavored custard with a crunchy streusel topping. One of the kuchens has to be just “simple”.
- Triple Berry – One Karen’s top flavors. A combination of Blackberrys, Blueberries, and Raspberry. Too pretty to eat kuchen. But a delightful blend of berries. Karen’s nieces’ favorite.
Basic Ingredients: Flour, cream, sugar, eggs, milk, shortening yeast, salt, water, extract, and fruit choice
Instructions / Storage
- Kuchens ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Kuchens arrive ready to enjoy
- Refrigerate or freeze upon arrival
- Kuchens may be kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to a year
- To serve, allow kuchen to thaw if frozen, remove packaging, and enjoy!
- Kuchens are great warmed up in the microwave
- Karen’s Kuchen ships Monday – Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.