The Philadelphia Inquirer’s legendary food critic, Craig Laban, named John’s Roast Pork’s cheesesteak the best in the city—and it’s now wonder why. Each cheesesteak is made on half an Italian loaf from Carangi’s Bakery, is stuffed with 12 oz. of meat and topped with slices of melted American cheese. Choose from a seeded or plain roll, and with or without Spanish onion. This is your chance to taste one of America’s truly classic sandwiches!
John’s Roast Pork isn’t just a business, it’s a family legacy. The king of Philly’s iconic roast pork sandwich began in 1930 when current owner John Bucci’s grandfather, who emigrated from Italy with nothing but his roast pork recipe, opened up a small sandwich shop in South Philadelphia selling his roast pork sandwiches to local laborers. He wound up creating one of America’s greatest sandwiches. His original pork sandwich recipe is still used today by the Bucci family, who continue to run this beloved sandwich shop, which has been named an American Classic by the James Beard Foundation.
This package serves 8-12 people and includes 8 Ultimate Cheesesteaks
- Select Seeded or Plain Bread
- Choose to add Onions
- Each cheesesteak is 9-10" long.
- Each cheesesteak has approx 12 oz of meat. and weighs 1 lb. total.
Instructions / Storage
- Cheesesteaks are made to order, frozen and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit.
- Upon arrival, place cheesesteaks in the refrigerator.
- They can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days or can be frozen for up to 2 months.
- If the cheesesteaks are thawed, remove tape from cheesesteak packaging and place the foil-wrapped sandwich in a 300F oven for 10-15 minutes or until hot.
- If the cheesesteaks are frozen, remove tape from cheesesteak packaging and place the foil-wrapped sandwich in a 325F oven for 25-35 minutes or until hot.
- John’s Roast Pork ships Wednesday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.