Shrimp Gumbo for 4-6
This classic Cajun gumbo starts with a dark brown roux and file gumbo made according to Grandma Cace’s old family recipe. It’s seasoned with crab and finished off with fresh local shrimp.
Johnny Cace’s Seafood and Steak House opened in Longview, Texas, in 1949 as the first fine dining restaurant in the region, and over the years it became a beloved local institution for its wide variety of scratchmade Cajun classics. Johnny passed the restaurant down to his son Gerard, who in turn passed it to his wife Cathy, who ran it with their daughter Chelsea until it unfortunately closed its doors in 2015. But that wasn’t the end of the story: the Cace’s family recipes were so beloved that, at the urging of longtime regulars, Cathy and Chelsea opened Cace’s Kitchen in 2017, serving up the restaurant’s greatest hits and keeping their family recipes alive.
Toast is not included
This package serves 4-6 people and includes 64 oz. of Shrimp Gumbo
- Choose to add more!
Add On Options Include:
- Garlic Croutons (16 oz.)
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread (16 oz.)
- 1 Jar Corn Relish (16 oz.)
- Johnny Cache Baseball Hat, your choice of Beige or Navy
Shrimp Gumbo – Shrimp, Water, Sodium Bisulfate, Tomatoes, Tomato Juice, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid, Onions, White Flour, Blue Crabs, Celery, Green Onions, Parsley, Canola Oil, La Pappers, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Guar, Sodium Alginate & Xanthan Gums, Yellow #6 & Red#40, Tomato Paste, Ground Sassafrass Leaves, Garlic, Water, Citric Acid, Salt, Red Pepper, Chili Pepper, Paprika, Turmeric, White Pepper, Bay Leaves
Garlic Croutons – Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour(Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron Thiamin Nomitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yearst, Contains 2% Or Less Of Wheat Gluten, Vegetable Oil(Soybean Or Canola Oil)salt, Dough Conditioners(Sodium Stearoyl, Lactylate, Calcium Stearoyl-2-lactylate, Monoglycerides, Caldium Peroxide, Datem) Soy Flour, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Propionate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Yeast Food, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Lecithin, Naturayl & Artificial Flavors, Beta Carotene, Tbhq, Citric Acid, Dimethylpolysiloxine, Soybean, Dehydrated Garlic, Dried Parsley Flakes.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread – Pasteurized Cultured Milk, Water, Crean Reduced Lactose Whey, Reduced Protein Whey, Lactic Acid, Salt, Scorbic Acid(Preservative), Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Color Added, Enzymes
Corn Relish – Corn, Sugar, Distilled Vinegar, Onion, Sweet Red Pepper, Jalapeno Pepper, Sweet Green Pepper, Spices, Salt
Instructions / Storage
- Shrimp Gumbo ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place shrimp gumbo in the fridge or freezer
- Shrimp Gumbo will last up to 6 days in the fridge or up to 4 months frozen
- Thaw shrimp gumbo for 24 hours in the fridge prior to reheating
- Garlic Croutons ship fresh and arrive ready to enjoy
- Garlic Croutons can be stored on the countertop for up to 10 days, or frozen for up to 3 months
- Do not store Garlic Croutons on the counter
Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread in the fridge
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese Spread can be kept in the fridge or frozen for up to 6 months
- Corn Relish ships fresh and arrives ready to enjoy
- Corn Relish is best stored on the countertop but must be refrigerated after opening
- Corn relish can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 months
- Transfer to pot on the stovetop
- Heat to 175F
- Johnny Cace’s ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.