Pastéis de Nata Combo - 24 Pack
These addictive little traditional Portuguese tarts, which were invented in Lisbon in the early 1800s, start with a light and flaky shell, which are filled with a rich and creamy egg custard before being baked until caramelized and eaten warm.
Joey “Bats” Batista, the son of Portuguese immigrants, started selling his pastéis de nata at New York street fairs in 2016, using a traditional recipe developed by his mother, Isabel, and he opened Joey Bats Cafe on the Lower East Side in 2019. He describes his pastéis de nata (“natas” for short) as “warm creme brulee, wrapped in a flaky croissant," and while that’s a description that’s hard to argue with, these astoundingly delicious pastries are in a league of their own.
Pastéis de Nata must be baked prior to consumption and do not include powdered sugar
This package serves 12 people and includes:
- 12 Traditional Pastéis de Nata
- 12 Signature Pastéis de Nata
- Pastéis de Nata are 2.5" each
- Pastéis de Nata arrive in 4 branded sleeves (each sleeve includes 6 Pastéis de Nata)
Flour, Salt, Butter, Egg, Sugar, Water, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, Milk, Lemon
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Pastéis de Nata must be baked prior to consumption
- Upon arrival, place Pastéis de Nata in the freezer if not consuming immediately
- Unbaked Pastéis de Nata will last 1 year in the freezer
- Once baked, Pastéis de Nata will last 1 day on the counter
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Place Pastéis de Nata on an oven-safe pan
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the custard center begins to rise
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Joey Bats Cafe ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.