Joe’s Kansas City BBQ has not only stood out on a local level, but on a national platform as well. Over the years, Joe’s has been named Top Roadside Eatery in the country by the Travel Channel and “Nation’s Best BBQ” by USA Today. Their original gas station location may appear nondescript, but one thing we know is that there is nothing ordinary about Joe’s BBQ.
Smokie Joe is their version of the American classic—the Sloppy Joe. This hearty people pleaser features smoked brisket and pork, chopped, and simmered in Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que Sauce. Makes great sandwiches!
Each Smokie Joe pack serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 3 lbs. of Smokie Joe — Chopped brisket and pork in barbecue sauce (arrives in two 1.5 lbs. containers)
- 1 Bottle of Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que Sauce (14.5 oz.)
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, frozen, vacuum-sealed and carefully packed with dry ice. It is normal for the dry ice to evaporate in shipping and cause meats to partially thaw
- Upon arrival, reheat, refrigerate or freeze immediately immediately. The package can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- To serve, place package in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours. Follow instructions below to reheat. A complete reheat guide is also included in every shipment
Best Reheating Methods for Smokie Joe
- Place the container in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours prior to reheating
- Place Smokie in a sauce pan and heat on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally until an internal temperature of 155F is reached
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que ships Monday to Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.