Joe’s Kansas City BBQ ships its legendary BBQ nationwide on Goldbelly! Say Aloha to the King’s Hawaiian Z-Man, a Hawaiian spin on Joe’s famous Z-Man sandwich created in partnership with King’s Hawaiian. This limited-edition, irresistibly delicious creation adds just the right touch of sweetness to make this iconic sandwich even better! The King’s Hawaiian Z-Man Sandwich starts with two slices of toasted King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread, then pulled pork that’s been tossed in a sweet and spicy glaze. Next, it’s topped with roasted pineapple, smoked provolone, and two crispy onion rings, as well as a dollop of Joe’s Kansas City
After participating in their first barbeque competition in 1990, Jeff and Joy Stehney were hooked. Soon, they were winning some of the most prestigious competitions in America. Eventually, they opened Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que in a Kansas City gas station, and the rest is history. The Stehney’s three restaurants have become synonymous with the best bbq in Kansas City. Joe’s KC BBQ was featured on “No Reservations” with Anthony Bourdain, “Man vs Food” with Adam Richman, and “Delicious Destinations” with Andrew Zimmern.
Each King’s Hawaiian Z-Man Kit makes 5 sandwiches and includes:
- 1 Loaf of King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread
- Rocket Glazed Pork (25 oz.)
- Chopped Pineapple (5 oz.)
- 8 slices Smoked Provolone Cheese
- 12 Onion Rings
- 1 Bottle of Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que Sauce (14.5 oz.)
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, frozen, vacuum-sealed and carefully packed with dry ice. It is normal for the dry ice to evaporate in shipping and cause the meat to partially thaw.
- Upon arrival, reheat, refrigerate or freeze immediately. The package can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Follow instructions below to reheat and assemble. A complete reheat guide is also included in every shipment.
How to Assemble Each King’s Hawaiian Z-Man Sandwich
- Place onion rings on a rimmed, greased cookie sheet, then place in a 425 degree oven. Bake for 8 minutes, then flip each ring and bake for another 8 – 10 minutes until crispy.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, then turn off the heat and remove the pan from the hot burner. Carefully submerge your vacuum sealed package of glazed pork in the water for 15 minutes. With tongs, remove the package from the water, and carefully remove the meat from the plastic.
- Toast your slices of King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread until golden brown.
- Add about 5 ounces of pork to each sandwich, then top with a tablespoon of chopped pineapple. Add a slice of provolone, then top with two onion rings and a dollop of BBQ sauce. Top with the second slice of bread.
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que ships Monday to Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.