Joe’s Kansas City BBQ has not only stood out on a local level, but on a national platform as well. Over the years, Joe’s has been named Top Roadside Eatery in the country by the Travel Channel and “Nation’s Best BBQ” by USA Today. Their original gas station location may appear nondescript, but one thing we know is that there is nothing ordinary about Joe’s BBQ.
Double down on the ribs named by USA Today as “America’s Tastiest” in 2013, by The Daily Meal as “America’s Best” in 2014, and by readers of Pitch Weekly as “Kansas City’s Best” in 2015.
Each package serves 2-4 people and includes:
- 2 Slabs of Pork spare ribs (individually packaged)
- 1 Bottle of Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que Sauce (14.5 oz.)
This product is gluten and MSG free
Instructions / Storage
- All meats are fully cooked, frozen, vacuum-sealed and carefully packed with dry ice. It is normal for the dry ice to evaporate in shipping and cause the meat to partially thaw
- Upon arrival, reheat, refrigerate or freeze immediately immediately. The package can be kept in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- To serve, place meats in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours. Follow instructions below to reheat. A complete reheat guide is also included in every shipment
Best Reheating Method for Ribs
- Place vacuum sealed package(s) in the refrigerator to thaw for at least 24 hours prior to reheating
- Remove the ribs from the package(s) and wrap with foil (To prevent sticking, spray foil lightly with cooking spray.) Then place the wrapped ribs on a rimmed cookie sheet in a 350F preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn the the ribs over and continue to heat for an additional 15 minutes
- Next, remove from foil and place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 155°F degrees has been reached
- To serve, place ribs on a cutting board, bone side (underside) facing up. Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut between each bone. Once all bones are separated, flip the entire slab back over and serve
- Brush with barbecue sauce before serving, if desired
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que ships Monday to Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.