Jimmy Buff’s ships its legendary Italian hot dogs nationwide on Goldbelly! Unknown to most outsiders, this New Jersey classic features an all-beef frank or Italian sausage slathered with mustard and topped with fried peppers, onions, and chunks of potatoes all tucked into a crater-sized cavity of a fluffy pizza bread loaf. Despite being named after the creator, Jimmy “Buff” Racioppi, whose nickname came from his card-playing tactics, this Sicilian sausage sammie is no bluff.
Just beyond the Hudson River lies an Italian hot dog haven. Jimmy Buff’s is an iconic West Orange, New Jersey, joint that created the Italian hot dog — a fried frank topped with fried peppers, onions, and potatoes inside an Italian pizza bread roll. As the first of its kind, Jimmy “Buff” Racioppi and his wife, Mary, took their card night creation and opened their own shop in 1932. To this day, this Jersey institution is still run by the Racioppi family. Jimmy Buff’s has been named one of the “20 Best Hotdogs in the US” by Yahoo Food. The Italian hot dog is also a favorite of astronaut brothers and New Jersey natives, Scott and Mark Kelly, who brought a Jimmy Buff’s t-shirt to the International Space Station.
This package includes everything you need for 16 regular (or 8 double) classic Jimmy Buff’s sandwiches:
- 4 large Italian pizza bread rolls (fluffy, Sicilian-style bread shaped like a large pita)
- 16 hot dogs/Italian sausage
- Sliced peppers and onions
- Chip-style potatoes
- 1 jar Jimmy Buff’s mustard
- 1 jar Jimmy Buff’s seasoned oil
Bread, Hotdogs, Sausage, Onions, Peppers, Potatoes, Oil, Mustard.
Instructions / Storage
- Each package ships on ice packs
- Freeze or refrigerate hot dogs upon arrival
- Jimmy Buff’s Italian hot dog or sausage goes inside a quarter of a large Italian pizza bread roll.
- Mustard can be spread on the inside of the roll before adding the dog/sausage.
- The dog is traditionally cooked in oil and then topped with fried onions, peppers and chip-style potatoes.
- For a “Double,” use one half of a pizza roll and two hot dogs or Italian sausage along with the peppers, onions and potatoes.
- Italian hot dogs are also typically topped with ketchup.
- Jimmy Buff’s ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.
Recommended for you
More from New Jersey
Jimmy Buff's REVIEWS
Merry Christmas to all! I am so appreciative for your online ordering!
God Bless, stay safe, and have a Blessed New Year!