The Tart Jane is Lemon Pound Cake with the Perfect Balance of Tart. Janie takes Vanilla pound cake and fills it with lemon curd and tops it with white chocolate shavings. Made with farm-fresh Grade-A eggs and real creamery butter.
Janie’s Cakes founder Janie Clapp learned the art of baking from “Papu,” her great-grandmother, who operated more on instinct than measuring. Clapp attended the Culinary Institute of America in New York before opening Janie’s Cakes in Tyler, Texas, in 1987. Clapp’s eponymous bakery is known for its pound cakes made with farm-fresh eggs, creamery butter, pure cane sugar, and absolutely no preservatives. The Texas bakery is continuing to produce what many, including Oprah, believe to be the best pound cake in the country; her cakes were named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things in 2016.
- Every Janie’s Cake comes packaged in their signature yellow and white striped gift box with a blue ribbon.
- This product only ships overnight in the summer
Choose between two sizes:
- Baby Jane – 6" round x 3.5" high and serves approximately 4-6 people
- Large Jane – 8" round x 3.75" high and serves approximately 12-15 people
Made with unbleached enriched flour, sugar, butter, cage-free eggs, lemon juice, sour cream, ivory shavings, powdered, salt, soda, Madagascar vanilla.
Instructions / Storage
Each Cake is shipped frozen but is best served at room temperature.
Upon receiving your box:
- Cakes can be stored at room temperature in a cellophane bag or air tight container and served within 3 days.
- Cakes can be refrigerated and served within 10 days. To serve, remove from fridge for about 3 hours, then serve at room temperature.
- Cakes can be frozen for up to 6 months. To serve, allow approximately 4 hours for the cake to thaw, then serve at room temperature.
- Janie’s Cakes ships Monday through Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.