Jamaican Jerk + Herbed Chipotle - 2 Whole Chickens
Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Herbed Chipotle Chicken, two popular street foods, are at the center of this kit. The Jerk Chicken is flame-grilled with a traditional blend of spices, local habanero peppers, and scallions. The Herbed Chipotle Chicken is marinated with fresh garlic, oregano, onions, dried peppers, and bold spices. It’s not spicy and a fan favorite! The chicken comes from Joyce Farm, a small family farm.
Jamerican Soul Food Kitchen is a farm-to-plate Caribbean American Boston food truck founded in 2013 by first generation “Jamerican” Cassandria Campbell and farmer Jackson Renshaw. At Jamerican Kitchen, they’re paying homage to Afro-Caribbean culture by using local New England ingredients to create bold Caribbean and Southern dishes. They source as many ingredients as possible from regional family farms and small local producers, and craft all of their dishes from scratch, with no artificial ingredients or preservatives.
This package serves 8 people and includes:
- 8 pcs. Jamaican Jerk Chicken (Approx. 32 oz. total)
- 8 pcs. Chipotle Chicken (Approx. 32 oz. total)
- Choose to add more!
Add-On Options Include:
- Jamaican Coco Buns – A traditional Caribbean bread made from scratch with coconut milk.
- Escovitch Pickled Vegetables – A quintessential Caribbean pickled relish, exploding with flavors and spicy pickled vegetables.
- Pineapple Salsa – A traditional mild Caribbean salsa made with pineapple, red onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, lime juice, and fresh herbs.
- Cassava Pone Pudding Cake – A dense baked pudding cake made with cassava, a root vegetable, and flavored with coconut milk, coconut flakes, raisins, and warm spices like cinnamon and vanilla. Includes a jar of vegan coconut frosting.
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken – Chicken, Scallions, Scotch Bonnet Pepper, Onion, Molasses, Allspice, Thyme, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Brown Sugar, Garlic, Cumin, Soy Sauce, Ginger, And Red Wine Vinegar.
- Chipotle Chicken – Chicken, Fresh Garlic, Oregano, Onions, Dried Peppers, Salt, Pepper, Tomato Paste.
- Pineapple Salsa – Pineapple, Tomato, Red Pepper, Jalapenos, Limes, Cilantro, Onions, Salt, Pepper, Vinegar.
- Jamaican Coco Buns – Flour, Yeast, Coconut Milk, Coconut Sugar, Eggs, Salt, Pepper.
- Escovitch Pickled Vegetables – White Vinegar, Sugar, Salt, Carrots, Onions, Garlic, Bay Leaf, Thyme, Sweet Peppers, Pimento Seed, Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- Cassava Pone Pudding Cake – Cassava, Coconut Milk, Vanilla, Flour, Coconut Sugar, Coconut Flakes, Baking Powder, Raisins, Spices.
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Chicken ships frozen and may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, remove packaging and place chicken in the refrigerator.
- Chicken lasts up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Escovitch Pickled Vegetables and Pineapple Salsa ship fresh and ready to enjoy.
- Escovitch Pickled Vegetables and Pineapple Salsa last up to 10 days in the refrigerator, do not freeze.
- Coco Buns last up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
- Pudding cake lasts up to 7 days in the refrigerator or up to 1 month in the freezer.
Chicken – Oven
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from packaging and place on a baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes (check on your chicken occasionally – all ovens have different reheat times).
Chicken – Microwave
- Remove from plastic container and place on a plate for even heating.
- Place chicken skin-side up in the microwave on high for 4 minutes or until heated through.
Cassava Pone – Microwave
- Remove Cassava Pone from foil container and place on a plate
- Heat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes
Coco Buns – Microwave
- Allow bread to completely thaw in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350 for warm buns can be eaten cold wrap with foil on top
- Bake for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Coco Buns – Oven
- Place CoCo Buns on a plate and heat in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes
- Jamerican Soul Food Kitchen ships Tuesday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.