This is our seasonal annually anticipated ponche de crème black cake ice cream. Every Caribbean island has its own version of a homemade milk-based alcoholic drink primarily consumed around the holidays. Trinidad’s version is called the ponche de creme. We make our ice cream version of this drink as authentic as possible with all of the feel-good ingredients and spices that make for an incredible holiday island experience. We go a step further by adding traditional Trinidad black cake to the ice cream. Each year it is one of the most popular holiday flavors to come out of our shop.
In 2014, husband and wife Khalid Hamid and Shelly Marshall returned to New York after vacationing in Trinidad with a craving for ice cream and sorbet with the flavors of the Caribbean. Much to their chagrin, they couldn’t find any. So they set out to make it on their own, and in 2015, after much trial-and-error, Island Pops was born. These sweet treats are packed with Island flavor, and they’re made by hand with only the highest-quality natural ingredients, many of which are sourced directly from the Caribbean.
Contains: Less than 5% ABV
This package includes 4 pints of Ponche De Crème Black Cake Ice Cream
- Ponche De Crème Black Cake Ice Cream – Milk, Heavy Cream, Egg Yolks, Cane Sugar, Poncheon Rum, Vanilla Essense, Almond Essence, Angostura Bitters, Trinidad Style Rum Cake
Instructions / Storage
- Ice Cream ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place pints in the freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to a month
- Island Pops ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.