These ice creams and sorbets are simply made with real ingredients including heavy cream, egg yolks, and all-natural fruits and flavors. This is a collection of Island Pops’ Christmas best sellers: Ponce de crème black cake ice cream, Sorrel Rum Sorbet, Nutmeg Ice Cream, Ginger Beer Sorbet.
In 2014, husband and wife Khalid Hamid and Shelly Marshall returned to New York after vacationing in Trinidad with a craving for ice cream and sorbet with the flavors of the Caribbean. Much to their chagrin, they couldn’t find any. So they set out to make it on their own, and in 2015, after much trial-and-error, Island Pops was born. These sweet treats are packed with Island flavor, and they’re made by hand with only the highest-quality natural ingredients, many of which are sourced directly from the Caribbean.
This package includes 4 pints of Ice Cream & Sorbet
Ice Cream & Sorbet Flavors Include
- Ponche de Creme Black Cake Ice Cream – Island Pops seasonal annually anticipated ponche de crème black cake ice cream. Every Caribbean island has their own version of a homemade milk-based alcoholic drink primarily consumed around the holidays. Trinidad’s version is called the ponche de creme.
- Nutmeg Ice Cream – Freshly grated nutmeg from Grenada is used for this bright, spiced flavor. Reminiscent of your Christmas eggnog, this ice cream pairs well with almost any dessert. Add a little spiced rum and it’s a party!
- Sorrel Rum Sorbet – Island Pop’s most popular sorbet, they steep the hibiscus flower in boiling water with cinnamon and cloves, then add dark Caribbean rum. It is exactly like the drink consumed in Trinidad at Christmas and the result is a sorbet that’s sweet, tangy, and rich in culture.
- Ginger Beer Sorbet
Instructions / Storage
- Ice Cream & Sorbet ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival place pints in the freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to a month
- Island Pops ships Monday-Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.