Falafel Sandwich Dinner Kit for 4-6
Bring the Middle East’s most beloved snack to your home! Inspired by the ones served in the streets of Beirut, this is the most authentic Lebanese falafel you’ll find. Adjust the spiciness to your desired level by adding ilili’s homemade harissa sauce to your sandwich.
Since it first opened its doors in New York’s Flatiron neighborhood in 2007, the elegant and upscale ilili has introduced countless New Yorkers to authentic Lebanese cuisine, perfected by the Massoud family in Beirut over the course of more than 100 years and today prepared with care by Owner and Executive Chef Philippe Massoud. At ilili, Massoud expertly crafts a sophisticated blend of modern and traditional Lebanese cuisine, drawing influences from the span of the ancient Silk Road trade routes.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 2.3 lbs. Falafel Dough
- 1.25 oz. Falafel leavening agent
- 8 pcs. Pita Bread
- 14 oz. Tahini Sauce
- 3 Tomatoes
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Mint
- 7 oz. Fresh Parsley
- 12 oz. Pickled Turnips
- 12 Pickled Shishito Peppers
- Falafel Scoop
- 4 oz. Harrisa Sauce
- Dough makes approximately 24 Falafel Balls
- Harissa is spicy, add to taste
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival leave olive oil, sumac, and kosher salt containers at room temperature.
- Remaining contents should be kept refrigerated and last up to 3 days in the fridge
- Pita bread should always be kept in a sealed bag
- Cut tomatoes into 8 pieces and place them to the side on a plate with the mint and parsley.
- Place the pickled turnips in a small bowl without the pickling juice (save the juice with the turnips if you want to keep some in the fridge for future use).
- Place the tahini in a small bowl on the side.
- Place your falafel dough (1/3) in a bowl, add the leveling agent (2/3) and half a cup of water (3/3) and mix well. Once done, use the falafel scoop provided to make falafel balls and place them on a tray.
- Heat your cooking oil to 350F and place your falafel balls in for 4-5 minutes until they are brown (a properly fried falafel feels like a toasted baguette on the outside and a pound cake on the inside).
- For a falafel sandwich, open the provided pita bread and place horizontally 3 balls of falafel and press them gently to crack open.
- Add the vegetables and drizzle a generous amount of tahini sauce.
- Roll and enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can place everything on a plate and eat it by dipping it in the tahini sauce.
- ilili ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.