Bring the Middle East’s most beloved street foods to your home! Inspired by the ones served in the streets of Beirut, this is the most authentic Lebanese falafel and shawarma you’ll find. Adjust the spiciness to your desired level by adding ilili’s homemade harissa sauce to your sandwich.
Since it first opened its doors in New York’s Flatiron neighborhood in 2007, the elegant and upscale ilili has introduced countless New Yorkers to authentic Lebanese cuisine, perfected by the Massoud family in Beirut over the course of more than 100 years and today prepared with care by Owner and Executive Chef Philippe Massoud. At ilili, Massoud expertly crafts a sophisticated blend of modern and traditional Lebanese cuisine, drawing influences from the span of the ancient Silk Road trade routes.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 1.2 lbs. Falafel Dough
- 0.7 oz. Falafel levening agent
- 8 pcs. Pita Bread
- 1.1 lbs. Beef & Lamb Shawarma
- 1.2 lbs. Tahini Sauce
- 4 Tomatoes
- 0.5 oz. Fresh Mint
- 7 oz. Fresh Parsley
- 12 oz. Pickled Turnips
- 6 Pickled Shishitos
- Falafel Scoop
- 4 oz. Harrisa Sauce
- 8 oz. Parsley Sumac Onions
- 3 oz. Salt
- 2.5 oz. Olive Oil
- Dough makes approximately 12 Falafel Balls
- Harissa is spicy, add to taste
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival leave olive oil, sumac, and kosher salt containers at room temperature.
- Remaining contents should be kept refrigerated and last up to 3 days in the fridge
- Pita bread should always be kept in a sealed bag
- Cut tomatoes into 8 pieces and place them to the side on a plate with the mint and parsley.
- Place the pickled turnips in a small bowl without the pickling juice (save the juice with the turnips if you want to keep some in the fridge for future use).
- Place the tahini in a small bowl on the side.
- Place your falafel dough (1/3) in a bowl, add the leveling agent (2/3) and 1/4 cup of water (3/3) and mix well. Once done, use the falafel scoop provided to make falafel balls and place them on a tray.
- Heat your cooking oil to 350F and place your falafel balls in for 4-5 minutes until they are brown (a properly fried falafel feels like a toasted baguette on the outside and a pound cake on the inside).
- For a falafel sandwich, open the provided pita bread and place horizontally 3 balls of falafel and press them gently to crack open.
- Add the vegetables and drizzle a generous amount of tahini sauce.
- Roll and enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can place everything on a plate and eat it by dipping it in the tahini sauce.
- Roast your tomatoes in the oven until they show a bit of color
- Slice your parsley and onions into a julienne and toss with provided sumac
- Pour your Tahini sauce into a bowl
- Reheat your shwarma uncovered with all its juices by spreading it in a pan at 375F for about 7-9 minutes depending on your oven
- Open your pita bread and sprinkle the sumac onion parsley mixture (you may want to microwave pita for 5-10 seconds)
- Add meat and tomatoes and cover with Tahini sauce (add harissa if you want it spicy)
- Roll and enjoy!
- ilili ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.