This crowd-pleaser is our most frequently ordered menu item at Iggy’s Boardwalk: Lobster and Clam Bar located in Warwick, RI. Our once-a-week special was called for way too many times so we had to do what everyone asked and made it a permanent menu item. Now we have people visiting from all over just to try it! Lucky for you – you can now re-create it in the comfort of your own home. Our rich velvety lobster bisque poured inside of our crispy but soft-baked french bread bowl topped with a generous portion of fresh lobster meat is sure to have your taste buds exploding. The only way to take this dish to the next level at home is to recreate our house-made crunchy potato chips on the side – perfect for dipping into the bisque too!
Iggy’s is a true taste of summer in Rhode Island! Since its founding in Warwick’s Oakland Beach in 1989 by husband and wife Gaetano and Sally Gravino, Iggy’s has become renowned for its doughboys, clam cakes, stuffies, clam chowder, fried calamari, and other New England summertime staples. Whether you’re looking to recreate the summertime staples of your youth or to sample these delicious regional specialties for the first time, you’re in for a real treat!
Chips not included.
This package serves 2 people and includes
- Lobster Meat (8 oz.)
- Lobster Bisque (1 qt.)
- 2 French Bread Bowls
Lobster Bisque – Sherry Wine, Half&Half, Light Cream, Lobster Base, Water, Butter, Flour, Lobster Meat.
Instructions / Storage
- Items ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Upon arrival, place items in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
- Items last up to 5 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Thaw bread bowl, lobster bisque, and lobster meat in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a sharp knife, hollow out the bread bowl.
- Place bread bowl on a baking sheet and bake in the oven until golden brown and desired crispiness.
- Place thawed bisque in a pan or crockpot and reheat on medium heat, stirring the bisque often to avoid burning.
- Once it reached 170 degrees, add thawed lobster meat and stir (if too thick, add half and half to achieve desired texture).
- Pour lobster bisque into cooled bread bowl.
- Serve with a side of your favorite potato chips and enjoy!
- Iggy’s ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.