Two Rhode Island Iconic Brands have teamed up to create the perfect gift for Rhode Island lovers across the nation. This kit is full of goodies and makes a great gift.
Iggy’s is a true taste of summer in Rhode Island! Since its founding in Warwick’s Oakland Beach in 1989 by husband and wife Gaetano and Sally Gravino, Iggy’s has become renowned for its doughboys, clam cakes, stuffies, clam chowder, fried calamari, and other New England summertime staples. Whether you’re looking to recreate the summertime staples of your youth or to sample these delicious regional specialties for the first time, you’re in for a real treat!
Del’s is an iconic Rhode Island frozen lemonade brand. The family recipe originated in Italy where fruit ices were very popular. At the turn of the century, Frank DeLucio brought his recipe to America and his son Angelo DeLucio started working on a machine to produce the frozen lemonade. Del’s is now a Rhode Island house-hold name and a frozen treat that is enjoyed by many in the summertime.
Iggy’s just recently partnered with Del’s Lemonade and has come up with the most versatile kits for anyone that wants a Taste of Rhode Island with no travel necessary!
This package includes:
- 1 bag Iggy’s Fritter & Clam Cake Mix (17.5 oz)
- 1 bag Iggy’s Doughboy Mix (17.5 oz)
- 1 Quart of Del’s Lemonade (16 oz) with:
- 3 packets of Lemon Flavor
- 3 packets of Watermelon Flavor
- 2 packets of Blueberry Flavor
- 1 Rhode Island-Themed Sticker Pack
- 1 Collector’s Pin of Iggy’s Doughboy Drinking Del’s Lemonade
Instructions / Storage
- Arrives ready to use
- Shelf Stable
To Serve (Fritter & Clam Cake Mix)
- 1 bag IGGY’s Fritter and Clam Cake Mix
- 1 can IGGY’s Chopped Clams (do not drain) or 16 oz of filling of Your Choosing
- ½ cup cold tap water
- Combine all above ingredients
- Mix until smooth
- Let stand for 5 – 10 minutes until batter rises
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop mixture into a deep fryer
- Drop fritter mix into a deep fryer at 330 degrees for 3-4 minutes until golden brown (gently turning after 2 minutes)
- Remove fritters and drain onto absorbent paper
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
Notes on Fritter and Clam Cake Mix
- 1 bag IGGY’s Fritter and Clam Mix will make 2-3 dozen clam cakes
- Fritters may also be griddle fried
- Frozen or fresh clams may be substituted for IGGY’s Canned Clams, though you should add an additional one cup of water to the mixture
- Add minced onion, black pepper, and other recipes as desired
- Try these other fritter recipes: Corn Fritters, Fruit Fritters, Corn and Crab Fritters, Lobster Fritters, Smoked Salmon Fritters, Shrimp Fritters, Scallop Fritters, Spicy Fritters, (use your favorite spice blend), Cinnamon Sugar Fritters
- Iggy’s ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.