Hawaiian Wahoo is also called Ono which means “good to eat” in local Hawaiian Pidgin language. This fish is noted for its smooth, silky texture. When it’s cooked Wahoo turns snow white and has a texture like tuna.
Every morning before sunrise, Honolulu Fish Company founder Wayne Samiere and his team head to the docks to personally inspect and hand select the fish they’re purchasing for the day. Since opening in 1995, Honolulu Fish Company provides the entire country with the same super-fresh seafood that only Hawaiian locals had access to before. They are also deeply committed to protecting the Pacific ecosystems and promoting sustainability in their fishing practices. Using his background as a marine biologist, Samiere distributes eco-friendly, wild caught Hawaiian fish to the nation’s best mainland restaurants, serving top chefs like Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Michael Symon, and Tom Colicchio.
Sashimi cut fish is skinned and pin-boned for your ready-to-slice convenience.
Fish is caught daily for quality, fish subject to availability
- Each package includes 1 Sashimi Cut Hawaiian Wahoo Fillet
- Skin Off, Bone Out
- Each Fillet weighs approximately 3 lbs.
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships vacuum-sealed fresh and pre-washed with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival place in refrigerator for up to 3 days or airtight in a freezer for up to 1 year
- For best results: Unwrap the fish upon arrival and place on dry paper towels to remove moisture. Wrap loosely and place in the coldest part of your refrigerator.
- Note: If you choose to freeze your fish, the color, taste and texture may change.
- Honolulu Fish Company ships Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.