Charleston Nasty Sandwich - 8 Pack
While Hominy Grill has received about as much attention as any restaurant in the south, nothing grabs the headlines like their Charleston Nasty. Meant to be playful, as in “oh, you nasty,” this sandwich is breaded fried chicken, topped with shredded sharp Cabot cheddar and scratch made sausage gravy (where it REALLY gets nasty) surrounded by a split scratch made biscuit. This sandwich is so legendary that Eater did an entire feature about how it’s made. The Travel Channel has featured it in not one, but two of their shows, and both Anthony Bourdain and Andrew Zimmern have sang its praises on their shows.
Chef/Owner Robert Stehling opened this beacon of Low Country goodness in a historic house in 1996. Two decades and a James Beard Award for best Chef in the Southeast later, Hominy Grill continues to be THE spot to eat for locals and visitors alike looking to feast on perfectly executed southern classics. Their biscuits were named the nation’s best by Road Food’s “500 Things to Eat Before it’s Too Late.”
This Charleston Nasty Pack makes 8 Charleston Nasty sandwiches and includes:
- 8 Hominy’s Legendary Scratch Made Biscuits
- 8 Buttermilk Fried Chicken Breasts
- Shredded sharp Cabot cheddar cheese
- Scratch Made Sausage Gravy
Instructions / Storage
- Biscuits are made to order, frozen and shipped with ice packs
- Follow the heating instructions below. Detailed reheating instructions are also included in each box
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Place frozen biscuits on a sheet pan and heat for 25 minutes until golden brown (biscuits do not need to be thawed)
- Pour gravy into a sauce pan and heat on a stove top until hot (You may need to add a little water to adjust thickness)
- Alternatively, gravy can also be placed in a microwave bowl and microwaved until hot
- Allow chicken to thaw completely
- Heat in a 425F oven for 10-12 minutes until heated through
Assembling Your Charleston Nasty
- Split biscuits in two
- Place one chicken breast on the bottom biscuit
- Place 1/4 of the cheddar cheese onto each chicken breast and pour 1/4 of the gravy over the top
- Quickly place the top biscuit on the gravy and cheese—enjoy!
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Hominy Grill only ships a limited quantity on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.