Rare Japanese Steak Flight
With decades of collective experience in the best steakhouses, abattoirs, pastures, and butcheries, Holy Grail Steak Co. has spent the last several years with one goal in mind: procure the World’s Greatest Steaks. On this mission for Steak Nirvana they have connected artisanal farms and ranches who live by the Golden Rule of Cow, a steak only tastes as good as it was raised.
Like fine wine, each of the steaks in the Rare Japanese Steak Flight tells a different story with unique genetics, feedstuffs, and environment. Here’s what to expect in this sensational wagyu tour pack:
Ribeye #1: In Kumamoto, the focus is on the rare Japanese Brown Wagyu (a.k.a. the “Kumamoto Red” – due to the cherry red meat these animals produce). While the “Reds” tend to be leaner, our selection is from a 30-month old steer program where the marbling is robust.
Ribeye #2: Oita’s “Bungo” beef (Bungogyu) – their highest designation within the prefecture – is legendary for its beautiful marbling dispersion and very high omega-3 fat content and draws tourists from throughout Japan to partake in its umami richness. Both Oita and Kumamoto are famous for their highly volcanic soils which produce unusually high quality feedstuffs.
Ribeye #3: Family owned Hasegawa Farm in Saitama uses a very unique diet of sake lees, beer pulp, apple peels, and pineapple chips mixed with rice bran and mineral rich spring water (you’d be amazed how important good water is to beef flavor). All of this amounts to an umami rich, fragrant beef that cannot be replicated anywhere else. With only 350 head going to market a year, it’s no wonder the Bushugyu is almost completely unheard of on the internet. Holy Grail Steak Co. are proud to be the first to offer you this beef in the US.
The Rare Japanese Steak Flight includes:
- Kumamoto Ribeye (approx 13oz)
- Oita Ribeye (approx 13oz)
- Bushugyu Ribeye (13oz)
- Steaks come in a beautiful black and gold branded box. Perfect for a gift!
Instructions / Storage
- Steaks ship uncooked and frozen with dry ice, do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Steaks are cut by master butchers, immediately vacuum sealed, and blast frozen to -30F
- The blast freezing method completely protects and preserves the steaks in their original, perfectly-aged state and in no way compromises their quality
- An ice- or cold-water bath is recommended for a quick thaw but the best way is to allow your steaks to defrost in your refrigerator 24-48 hours
- Never defrost steaks in warm or hot water
- Frozen, uncooked steaks may be enjoyed within 4 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Holy Grail Steak Co ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.