Kanpachi Fish Taco Kit for 2-3
This is definitely not your average fish taco! Premium, sustainably farmed Hawaiian Kanpachi (amberjack) is tucked into a handmade tortilla and topped with a variety of well-balanced sauces, salsas and garnishes!
The traditional flavors of Mexico’s coastal regions are on full display at Holbox, located inside Los Angeles’ must-visit Mercado la Paloma. Holbox is the passion project of chef Gilberto Cetina, who was born on the Yucatan Peninsula, spent his childhood diving for conch and octopus, and learned to cook alongside his father at his family’s LA restaurant, Chichen Itza. In 2017 he opened Holbox, a seafood stand that focuses on fresh ingredients, bold flavors, and simple preparations. These dishes will transport you straight to the Mexican coast!
This package serves 2-3 people and includes everything you need to make 6 Kanpachi Fish Tacos:
- 6 pieces of Kanpachi Fish, uncooked (9 oz. Total)
- Pico de Gallo (8 oz.)
- Vinaigrette (2 oz.)
- 7 Par-Cooked Organic, Non-GMO Corn Tortillas (7 oz. Total)
- Mayonnaise (2 oz.)
- Cabbage (4 oz.)
- Chile Morita Sauce (2 oz.)
- Avocado Puree (2 oz.)
- Tortillas measure 5"
- Kanpachi fish pieces measure 3″ × 1″
Kanpachi Fish, Tomato, Onion, Cilantro, Lime Juice, Olive Oil, Corn, Mayonnaise, Chile Morita, Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic, Cabbage, Avocado, Cucumber
Instructions / Storage
- Ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, place kit in the refrigerator, make sure the Kanpachi fish has completely thawed before cooking.
- Kit can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Do not freeze.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium-high heat
- Lightly season fish portion (A) on both sides with salt (not provided in kit).
- When hot, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil or olive oil (not provided in kit)
- Place fish in the pan skin side down, gently press down to keep from curling.
- Cook until skin is crispy, around 3 minutes, flip & cook flesh side 1 minute
- Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a bowl mix packet B (pico de gallo) with C (vinaigrette). Set aside for final step.
- Lightly oil another nonstick frying pan by rubbing with an oiled paper towel. Bring to medium-high heat.
- Drop par-cooked tortillas (D) on hot pan for about 30-40 seconds
- Flip the tortilla and repeat, wait 30 seconds, repeat once more (1.5 – 2 minutes total per tortilla.)
- Set aside wrapped in a cloth towel to keep warm. Repeat for each tortilla.
Note: you can cook multiple tortillas at a time if your pan in large enough.
- Put mayonnaise (E) on tortilla, then sliced cabbage (F)
- Then then put the fish on top of the cabbage
- Garnish with Morita sauce (G), pico de gallo & avocado puree (H)
- Holbox ships Wednesday and Thursdays of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.