NY Out-Of-The-Barrel Sauerkraut - 1 gallon
The finest quality dense white cabbage is cleaned, cored, specially shredded, salted and packed into large wooden vats. It ferments naturally for a minimum of 30 days, developing a fabulous full flavor and crisp texture. This sauerkraut is truly an old world treat. It is the same sauerkraut that is served at all the Nathan’s Famous locations worldwide—and has been since 1916, when Max, grandfather of the current Guss’ owner,’ delivered it on a horse and wagon to Nathan Handwerker, the creator of Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs!
Guss’ Pickles is the oldest family-owned pickle company in the country—operating since 1897! Their “out of the barrel” pickle processing experience creates some of the best refrigerated pickles on the planet. Just ask Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs, Carnegie Deli or any other major delicatessen—they’ve all served Guss’!
- This package includes 1 gallon (8 lbs.) of Sauerkraut in a leak-proof pail with handle
- Each gallon of loose pickles are packed in its original pickle juice
- Serves a large party
OU Kosher, nut-free, egg free, dairy free, vegan, gluten-free
Instructions / Storage
- Pickles arrive ready to enjoy
- Pickles can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 year
- Do not freeze
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Guss’ Pickles ships Tuesday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.