Chunky Chunky Hippo Ice Cream - 6 Pints
Nearly 150 years and four generations later and Graeter’s is still making ice cream as they did in 1870. Home to the world’s only French Pot Freezer, Graeter’s uses this old-school machinery to churn out their custard-like ice cream 2 gallons at a time. Every flavor starts with a French-style ice cream base made with eggs and fresh local dairy with 18% butterfat – that’s nearly double standard ice cream! While Bob Graeter admits that the French Pot process is “not the most efficient way to make ice cream" it’s worth it because it makes superb ice cream with a dense, flavorful, and unique creamy texture. Talk about artisanal!
Chunky Chunky Hippo ice cream was crafted to celebrate Graeter’s favorite family destination, the Cincinnati Zoo. With a toffee ice cream base, salted roasted peanuts, and milk chocolate caramel truffles, this chunky flavor is bound to be a favorite for adults and peanut-loving children alike. Best of all, a portion of proceeds benefit the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden!
This package includes 6 pints of Chunky Chunky Hippo Ice Cream
- Chunky Chunky Hippo – Cream, Milk, Cane Sugar, Peanuts (roasted in cottonseed oil, salt), Truffle Pieces (sugar, coconut oil, corn syrup, sweetened condensed milk, cream, skim milk, cocoa (processed with alkali), butter, salt, soy lecithin, natural flavors), Skim Milk, Eggs, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Natural Flavors.
Instructions / Storage
- Graeter’s Ice Cream ships frozen with Dry Ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Place ice cream in the freezer immediately upon arrival
- For the best experience, allow the ice cream to temper for 24 hours in the freezer before enjoying
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
Graeter’s ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.