Fresh Australian Black Winter Truffles
Black Winter Truffles are one of the most decadent foods in the world. These highly sought-after tubers are considered so precious because they are incredibly difficult to find and chefs covet them for their powerful, earthy flavor that adds luxury to any dish.
Truffles are foraged by well-trained truffle hunters – always with the help of hounds – in wooded areas mostly in Australia that are kept secret and fiercely guarded. Cook truffles into a risotto, or shave on top of simple pasta with butter, or on scrambled eggs.
- From Australia
- Choose quantity
- Truffles are wrapped individually in unbleached paper towel and placed in a labeled brown paper bag. This allows the truffle to breathe and prevents condensation
- Orders of 2 oz. usually include 2 truffles that are about 1 oz each. Sometimes you may receive one 2 oz truffle
- Orders of 1 oz. may include 2 truffles
- 1 oz fresh truffle serves 2-3 people
About Fresh Australian Black Winter Truffles
- In Season: June-August
- Shape: More or less round. Size varies from a hazelnut to an orange
- Skin: Small pyramid-shaped warts, black with sometimes dark brown patches
- Flesh: First white, then gray and eventually black at maturity with a hint of purple and with distinctive white veins. Crunchy and soft
- Perfume: Intense, wet forest, humus, chocolate, hint of hazelnut
Fresh Australian Black Winter Truffles – Tuber Melanosporum
Instructions / Storage
- To store, gently wrap the uncleaned truffle in an absorbent paper and store in a dry, tight container in the crisper compartment of the refrigerator. The paper should be changed daily and the container must be kept dry
- Remove the truffle from the fridge, clean/brush it properly under a thin stream of water and use them right away
- When properly stored in the fridge, fresh truffles have a shelf-life of about a week
Guarantees & Policies
- In season, we receive truffle shipments three times weekly to guarantee freshness of the merchandise we send to our clients
- Please report any problem within 24 hours of delivery of merchandise by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Gourmet Attitude carefully packs fresh truffles with re-usable ice packs in insulated styrofoam coolers marked “perishable.”
- Gourmet Attitude ships Fedex Overnight Monday-Thursday of each week, and also Ground on Fridays for non-perishable items
- All major credit cards accepted
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday (except non-perishables which may arrive Monday)
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.