If you think you don’t like fruitcake then it’s time for you to try one of Glady’s; it’s not your typical fruit cake! Gladys’ Bakery has created an original pecan cake whose tops are solidly covered with rows of cherries and pecan halves. Bitter citron, raisins, and dates are left out leaving a satisfying pecan taste mixed with fresh cherries and pineapples.
Shaped like the state of Texas, your guests and recipients are sure to have never seen a cake like this.
Gladys’ Bakery opened in 1972 in a rural Texas hamlet 100 miles from both San Antonio and Houston. Founder Gladys Farek, a mother of 6 girls, was looking for a creative outlet and began baking bread, cookies, and pies; however, it was when she made her first fruitcake (and later, a world record-sized, Texas-shaped fruitcake) that a legend was born. Decades later, Gladys’ Weimar, Texas, bakery is Texas proud, loading its Czech-style fruitcakes with fresh Texas pecans and none of the usual raisins, dates, or spices.
This package includes a 5 lb. Czech Texas Shaped Pecan Fruitcake
- The fruitcake measures 11″ × 12″
Instructions / Storage
- Czech Texas Shaped Pecan Fruitcake arrived ready to enjoy
- Fruitcake will keep indefinitely frozen
- Gladys’ Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska will incur an additional $20 charge for 2-day shipping or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.