If you think you don’t like fruitcake then it’s time for you to try one of Glady’s; it’s not your typical fruit cake! Gladys’ Bakery has created an original pecan cake whose tops are solidly covered with rows of cherries and pecan halves. Bitter citron, raisins, and dates are left out leaving a satisfying pecan taste mixed with fresh cherries and pineapples.
Shaped like the state of Texas, your guests and recipients are sure to have never seen a cake like this.
Gladys’ Bakery opened for business in 1972 in Cistern, Texas, a Czechoslovakian hamlet located 100 miles from both San Antonio and Houston. Gladys Farek, a mother of 6 girls, was looking for an outlet for her creative baking talents. When Gladys decided to try her hand at making a fruitcake her goal was to change the way the world thought of it.
The first year, she mixed everything by hand and sold about 1,000 pounds worth. The following year she bought a cement mixer and painted it bright red to mix the huge quantity of fruitcake and a legend was created!
Gladys Bakery and their 150-pound Texas-shaped Fruitcake have been featured on both the Johnny Carson Show and David Letterman Show.
This package includes a 10 lb. Czech Texas Shaped Pecan Fruitcake
- The fruitcake measures 22″ × 20″
Instructions / Storage
- Czech Texas Shaped Pecan Fruitcake arrived ready to enjoy
- Fruitcake will keep indefinitely frozen
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Gladys’ Bakery ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska will incur an additional $20 charge for 2-day shipping or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.