Crispy on the outside, melt-in-your mouth tender pork shank, marinated in a delicious, citrusy, garlicky marinade, inspired by the bold flavors of the Yucatán. This bright & summery meal is served alongside elote-style grilled corn, complete with a Yucatán-spiced mayo and crumbled cotija cheese, and a fresh heirloom tomato salad. Each kit includes 2 products from Chef Stephanie Izard’s “This Little Goat” line of globally inspired sauces, spices and everything crunches – 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce & 1 bag of This Little Goat went to Mexico everything crunch.
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
Kits Require Home Cooking
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 Brined Pork Shanks (each approx. 1.25 lbs.)
- 4 ears of Corn
- 3-4 Heirloom Tomatoes
- Cotija Cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 bunch Mint
- 1 bottle This Little Goat Went to Yucatán (13 oz.)
- 1 bag This Little Goat Went to Mexico (3.53 oz.)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise (6 oz.)
This Little Goat went to Yucatán – Canola Oil, Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Grapefruit Juice Concentrate, Tamari Sauce (water, soybeans, salt sugar), Roasted Garlic, Spices, Orange Juice Concentrate, Cultured Dextrose, Lime Juice Concentrate, Salt, Citric Acid
This Little Goat went to Mexico – Pepitas, Pecans, Quinoa, Wild Rice, Lime Juice Solids, Chili Lime Salt, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Ancho Chiles, Guajillo Chiles, Mexican Oregano, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cumin
Kewpie Mayonnaise – Vegetable Oil, Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Natural Flavor
Brined Pork Shank – Pork, Water, Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- Pork can be kept for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 6 months frozen
- Mayonnaise must be refrigerated after opening
- All produce should be stored in the fridge
- This Little Goat went to Mexico crunch should be kept sealed and stored at room temperature
Make the Pork Shank
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove pork shank from the bag (feel free to remove some of the excess gelatin, if desired)
- Add to a mixing bowl and toss with about ¼ cup Yucatán sauce until well coated on all sides.
- Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Place upright in a small, oven-safe baking dish (with the bone pointed vertically up). This will allow the shank to caramelize and cook evenly on all sides.
- Roast for about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees and cook the pork for about 10 minutes more, until beginning to caramelize and crisp up.
Make your Elote-Style Corn
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk ½ cup Kewpie mayo with ¼ cup This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill, grill-pan or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the corn on the grill and let cook, rotating frequently, until the kernels turn bright yellow and begin to lightly char on each side, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Alternatively, broil the corn on the upper oven rack, rotating occasionally, until lightly charred on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove corn from the grill (or oven) and brush all over with Yucatán mayo (reserving some for your pork shank).
- Sprinkle with crumbled cotija cheese and This Little Goat went to Mexico crunch. Top with freshly-torn cilantro leaves.
Make your Tomato Salad
- Cut the tomatoes into 1-2 inch chunks.
- Add to a mixing bowl and gently toss with a drizzle each of olive oil and This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce until well coated. Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle all over with Yucatán mayo. Top with torn leaves of mint and cilantro and a sprinkle of This Little Goat went to Mexico everything crunch.
Assemble and Serve
- Remove pork from the oven and transfer to a serving plate.
- Drizzle all over with Yucatán mayo.
- Top with This Little Goat went to Mexico crunch and fresh cilantro and mint.
- Serve warm, alongside grilled corn elotes and tomato salad!
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.