The Girl & the Goat ships its signature dishes nationwide on Goldbelly! The Girl & the Goat 10 Year Birthday Kit includes fan favorites and signature dishes from the past 10 years! What would a Girl & the Goat Meal Kit box be without some goat so included are four Goat Empanadas to start your evening. Also included are two iconic dishes, both of which have been on our Girl & the Goat menu since the beginning, our Girl & the Goat Pig Face and our signature Girl & the Goat Green Beans. End your dinner with delicious Chocolate Chip cookie dough for 4 cookies (if you don’t eat the dough first…).
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard Award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef.” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
This Package Serves 4 and Includes:
- 4 Slices of Pig Face (each 6 oz.)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pt. Potato Flakes
- 4 oz. Cilantro Oil
- 5 oz. of Tamarind Black Garlic Vinaigrette
- 4 Goat Empanadas (each 2 oz.)
- 5 oz. Maple Gastrique
- 4 oz. Queso Fresco
- 4 oz. Pineapple Pico
- 4 oz. Smoked Blueberries
- 6 oz. Poblano Crema
- 4 oz. Cashews
- 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia Sauce
- 2 oz. Shallots
- 1 lb. Green Beans
- 5 oz. Kewpie Mayo
- 13.5 oz. Cookie Dough (enough for 4 cookies)
- Goat Empanadas – Goat Shoulder (Kosher Salt, Dark Brown Sugar, Black Peppercorn, Fennel Seed, Mustard Seed, Coriander Seed, Chili Flakes), Masa Flour, Shallot, Garlic, Cheddar, Chihuahua Cheese, Harissa (Chili de Arbol, Ancho Chili, Guajillos, Garlic, Fennel Seed, Coriander, Caraway Seed, Rice Bran Oil, Water), Poblano Creme (Poblano Peppers, Sour Cream, Lemon, EVOO)
- Girl & the Goat Pig Face – Pig Face (Cilantro, Lime Zest, Lemon Zest, Black Pepper, Garlic), Tamarind Aioli (Egg Yolk, Black Garlic, Red Wine Vinegar, Sambal, Dijon, Tamari, Maple Syrup, Tamarind, Rice Bran Oil, Salt), Maple Gastrique (Maple Syrup, Red Wine Vinegar, Thai Chilis), Cilantro Oil (Cilantro, Rice Bran Oil, EVOO, Salt), Pineapple-Blueberry Pico (Pineapple, Red Onion, Tomato, Cilantro, EVOO, Sriracha, Lemon Juice, Red Wine Vinegar, Salt), Smoked Blueberries, (Salt, Rice Bran Oil, Blueberries), Cilantro
- Girl & the Goat Green Beans – Green Beans, Kewpie Mayo (Soybean Oil, Egg Yolk, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Rice Vinegar, Water, Flavor Enhancer, Flavoring (contains Mustard), Preservative, Shallots, Cashews
- This Little Goat Southeast Asia Sauce – (Canola Oil, Water, Fish Sauce (Anchovies, Sea Salt), Dijon Mustard (Water, Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, White Wine, Fruit Pectin, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Sugar, Spice), Cane Sugar, Garlic, Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Salt, Sugar) Maltodextrin, Salt), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Chili Pepper, Vinegar, Garlic, Sugar, Salt, Water, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum), Cultured Dextrose, Citric Acid, Salt
***CONTAINS: SOY, ANCHOVIES (FISH)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – Flour, Egg, Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Callebaut 36% Chocolate Chips, Callebaut 70% Chocolate Chips
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- All ingredients have to be refrigerated until cooking
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days
- Protein may be kept frozen up to 2 months, produce cannot be frozen
Cook the Pig Face Patties:
- 1. Coat a large skillet (ideally non-stick or cast iron) or griddle with a splash of cooking oil (you don’t need much oil, the pig face patties will give off plenty of fat).
- 2. Heat over high heat.
- 3. STEP 3: Once the oil is hot but not smoking, carefully add the pig face patties to the pan, watching out for any oil that may splatter.
- 4. Cook patties until well browned and caramelized on both sides, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- 5. Carefully remove patties to a plate to rest.
Cook the eggs:
- 1. Dump out a bit of the fat from the skillet, leaving about a tablespoon behind.
- 2. Reduce the heat to low and crack two eggs into the skillet.
- 3. Continue cooking, undisturbed, until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 3-4 minutes.
Plate and serve
- 1. Transfer your cilantro oil, tamarind mayo and maple reduction to separate resealable ziplock bags (these will make disposable squeeze bottles once you snip off the bottom corner).
- 2. Snip one bottom corner off of the bag containing the cilantro oil and drizzle all over each serving plate, followed by the tamarind mayo.
- 3. Top each plate with one pig face patty.
- Sprinkle each patty with half of the fried potato sticks, followed by a drizzle of the maple reduction (once you snip the corner of the baggie).
- 4. Top with another pig face patty and finish with one of your sunny side up eggs.
- 5. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm and dig in!
GIRL & THE GOAT GREEN BEANS
Make the drizzle sauce:
- 1. Add about ¼ cup of the Kewpie mayo to a small mixing bowl.
- 2. Mix in about 1 tablespoon of the This Little Goat Went to Southeast Asia sauce (you have a whole bottle in your box!) until combined.
- 3. Spoon the mixture into a small Ziplock bag (you will cut the tip off the baggie and drizzle it on top when ready to serve).
Prep the green beans:
- 1. Clean your green beans by trimming off any stems or damaged ends.
- 2. Blanch – Bring a large pot of heavily-salted water to a rolling boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- 3. Carefully place the green beans in the boiling water and cook until bright green and just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- 4. Strain and immediately plunge into the ice water bath for 1 minute. Don’t let them sit too long or they will get waterlogged.
- 5. Drain and pat to dry.
Cook the green beans:
- 1. Heat up a large sauté pan (or a wok if you have one) over medium-high heat and coat with a drizzle of cooking oil (canola, vegetable or grapeseed oil works great. Olive oil is not recommended).
- 2. Add the green beans to the pan (you should hear a sizzle). Sprinkle with a pinch of kosher salt as they continue cooking.
- 3. Sauté green beans for a couple minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, as they begin to show a light brown blister. You don’t want them to burn but they should get a nice golden brown color.
- 4. Once your green beans are beginning to brown, stir in the sliced shallots.
- 5. Grab your bottle of This Little Goat Went to Southeast Asia sauce and squeeze about 1 ½ tablespoons on top of the green beans.
- 6. Continue stirring and sautéing until well coated and warmed through. (Your kitchen may get a little smoky so you might want to turn on your fan).
- 7. Add in your cashews (breaking into smaller chunks, if desired) and toss them around in the pan until well coated in the sauce.
Assemble and serve:
- 1. Transfer the cooked green beans to a serving bowl.
- 2. Grab your baggie of Southeast Asia/mayonnaise drizzle, cut off one bottom corner and drizzle sauce all over the green beans. Serve warm and enjoy!
- 1. Preheat your oven to 385 degrees. Place empanadas on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, crispy and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, mix together the pineapple pico base and smoked blueberries.
- 3. Grab a large serving plate (or individual plates) and smear poblano crema on the bottom. Top each plate with your crispy empanadas. Spoon some blueberry pineapple pico over top and garnish with queso fresco. Dig in!
LITTLE GOAT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Form the dough into 4 large balls, each slightly larger than the size of a golf ball
- 3. Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating the tray midway through, until the edges begin to turn slightly golden brown
- 4. Let cool before serving.
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.