Crispy on the outside, melt-in-your-mouth tender pork shank, marinated in a delicious, citrusy, garlicky marinade, inspired by the bold flavors of the Yucatán. This warm and comforting meal is served alongside delicious roasted sweet potatoes, complete with a Yucatán-spiced mayo and zesty Mexico everything crunch, and a veggie-packed Fall harvest salad. Each kit includes 2 products from Chef Stephanie Izard’s “This Little Goat” line of globally inspired sauces, spices, and everything crunches – 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Yucatán sauce & 1 bag of This Little Goat went to Mexico everything crunch.
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
Kits Require Home Cooking
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- 1 Brined Pork Shank (approx. 1.25 lbs.)
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes (12 oz.)
- Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce (2 oz.)
- Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms (2 oz.)
- Julienned Butternut Squash Matchsticks (4 oz.)
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Honeycrisp Apple (5 oz.)
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- 1 bottle This Little Goat Went to Yucatán (13 oz.)
- 1 bag This Little Goat Went to Mexico (4 oz.)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise (4 oz.)
This Little Goat went to Yucatán – Canola Oil, Water, Apple Cider Vinegar, Grapefruit Juice Concentrate, Tamari Sauce (water, soybeans, salt sugar), Roasted Garlic, Spices, Orange Juice Concentrate, Cultured Dextrose, Lime Juice Concentrate, Salt, Citric Acid
This Little Goat went to Mexico – Pepitas, Pecans, Quinoa, Wild Rice, Lime Juice Solids, Chili Lime Salt, Salt, Smoked Paprika, Ancho Chiles, Guajillo Chiles, Mexican Oregano, Cocoa Processed With Alkali, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cumin
Kewpie Mayonnaise – Vegetable Oil, Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Natural Flavor
Brined Pork Shank – Pork, Water, Salt, Sugar, Garlic Powder
- Sweet Potato
- Crispy Green Leaf Lettuce
- Honeycrisp Apple
- Roasted Shiitake Mushrooms – Shiitakes, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper
- Butternut Squash
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- Pork can be kept for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 6 months frozen
- Mayonnaise must be refrigerated after opening
- All produce should be stored in the fridge
- This Little Goat went to Mexico crunch should be kept sealed and stored at room temperature
Make the Pork Shank
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Remove pork shank from the bag (remove some of the excess gelatin, if desired). Add to a mixing bowl and toss with about 2-3 tablespoons of Yucatán sauce until well coated on all sides. Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Place the shank upright (with the bone pointed up vertically) in a shallow baking dish or baking sheet. (This will allow the shank to caramelize and cook evenly on all sides).
- Transfer to the oven and roast for about 35-45 minutes, until tender.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F. Transfer the sweet potatoes to the oven alongside the pork.
- Continue roasting both the pork and sweet potatoes until beginning to brown and crisp up, about 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk ½ cup Kewpie mayo with ¼ cup of “This Little Goat went to Yucatán" sauce. Transfer about ½ cup of the Yucatán mayo to a small Ziploc bag (this will act as a disposable squeeze bottle once you snip off the bottom corner).
- Whisk the juice from your lime and about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil into the remaining Yucatán mayo, making a delicious dressing for your salad. (Reserve the Ziploc bag of Yucatán mayo for topping your sweet potatoes and pork).
- Roughly tear the lettuce and add to a large salad bowl. Dice the apple into 1-inch chunks then add to your salad bowl. Slice roasted shiitakes and add to bowl followed by butternut squash, torn leaves of fresh cilantro and a sprinkle of “This Little Goat went to Mexico Everything Crunch”
Assemble and Serve
- Transfer the sweet potatoes to a large serving platter. Snip one bottom corner off of your bag of Yucatán mayo and drizzle all over your potatoes. Top with “This Little Goat went to Mexico Everything Crunch” and fresh cilantro leaves.
- Remove the pork shank from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle all over with the remaining Yucatán mayo and top with some fresh cilantro.
- Drizzle Yucatán vinaigrette over your salad, tossing to combine. Top with more Mexico crunch for a zesty, nutty finish.
- Serve shank alongside roasted sweet potatoes and fall harvest salad.
- Girl & The Goat ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.