This isn’t your average chicken – it’s James Beard Award-winning chef Stephanie Izard’s chicken, straight from the kitchen of Chicago-based Girl & The Goat restaurant. Based on tried-and-true fan favorites, this meal kit guides you through two of chef Stephanie’s most iconic recipes – Dill Tahini Chicken and Roasted Cauliflower. It all adds up to a flavorful, globally-inspired restaurant experience, right in your kitchen.
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard Award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef.” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
This package serves 2 people and includes:
- 1 Split Chicken
- 1 Head Roasted Cauliflower
- 4 oz. Preserved Lemon
- 8 oz Pickled Peppers
- 8 oz Pine Nuts
- 8 oz Parmesan
- 8 oz. Dill Tahini Marinade
- 12 oz. Grapefruit Juice
- 2 pieces House-made Pita
- 8 oz. Labneh
- 1 Grapefruit, Segmented
- 1 Bunch Mint
- 24 oz. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Split Chicken – Chicken, Dill, Tahini, Thai Seasoning Soy, Garlic Confit, Rice Bran Oil, Sambal
Roasted Cauliflower – Cauliflower, Olive Oil, Salt
Pickled Peppers – Peppers, Red Vinegar, Salt, Sugar
Dill Tahini Marinade – Dill, Tahini, Thai Seasoning Soy, Garlic Confit, Rice Bran Oil, Sambal
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – Flour, Egg, Sugar, Light Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Callebaut 36% Chocolate Chips, Callebaut 70% Chocolate Chips
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- Chicken can be kept for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 6 months frozen
- Pickled Peppers and Cookie Dough must be refrigerated after opening
- All produce should be stored in the fridge
- Cooking oil (such as canola or vegetable oil – not provided)
- Preserved Lemon
- Pickled Peppers
- Pine Nuts
- Dill Tahini Marinade
- Grapefruit Juice
- House-made pita
- Grapefruit segments
Make the Chicken + Cauliflower
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet (or two smaller skillets if you don’t have one large enough) over medium-high heat.
- Coat with a splash of high heat cooking oil and place the chicken in the pan(s), skin side down.
- Sear on the stove until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven (or place on a baking sheet if your pan is not oven safe), skin side still down, and roast for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, flip the chicken and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes more, until cooked through. (Note: every oven is different so cooking times may vary, but 30-35 minutes should cook the chicken
- Your chicken is done when the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, while your chicken roasts, transfer cauliflower to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with the preserved lemon, all but about 2-3 tablespoons of the pickled peppers and pine nuts and half of the Parmesan.
- Spread in an even layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven alongside the chicken and roast until cauliflower is warmed through, about 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the grapefruit juice and dill tahini marinade.
- Wrap pita in foil.
- Once your chicken is done, remove from the oven and let rest in the pan for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- While your chicken rests, place pita bread in the oven until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Toss warm cauliflower with reserved Parmesan cheese and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Top with additional pickled peppers and pine nuts and some torn leaves of fresh mint.
- Spread a large spoonful of labneh on the bottom of a serving plate
- Place the chicken on top and drizzle with grapefruit/dill sauce.
- Top with grapefruit segments and freshly-torn mint leaves.
- Serve alongside warm pita bread and roasted cauliflower.
Make the Cookies
- Keep the cookie dough refrigerated until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Form cookie dough into 4 equal-sized balls.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating the tray midway through, until just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool slightly before serving and enjoy!
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.