Flavor-packed, brined chicken gets loaded with a bright, citrusy spice blend, then pan seared and roasted to crispy perfection. Served alongside Girl & the Goat’s “Magic” Green Beans, an iconic dish that has been featured on Chef Stephanie Izard’s menu at Girl & the Goat since the beginning. Each kit includes 2 products from Chef Izard’s “This Little Goat” line of globally inspired sauces, spices and everything crunches – 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Belize spice & 1 bottle of This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce.
Since it first opened its doors in the Windy City’s Fulton Market District in 2010, few Chicago restaurants have been so consistently praised—and packed—as Stephanie Izard’s Girl & The Goat. James Beard award-winning chef Izard’s bold, globetrotting flavors defy easy categorization, but every item on her family-style menu is wildly creative and insanely delicious. Izard is renowned as one of America’s best chefs: she won Season 1 of “Iron Chef Gauntlet” and Season 4 of "Top Chef” and took home the James Beard Award for Best Chef Great Lakes in 2013. One of the best restaurants in Chicago, Girl & The Goat was a 2011 James Beard Award "Best New Restaurant” finalist.
Kits Require Home Cooking
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 1 Spatchcocked Chicken (approx. 2.5 lbs.)
- Green Beans (1 lb.)
- Cashews (4 oz.)
- 1 bunch Mint
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Whole Shallot
- 1 bottle This Little Goat Went to Belize (2 oz.)
- 1 bottle This Little Goat Went to Southeast Asia (13 oz.)
- Kewpie Mayonnaise (4 oz.)
This Little Goat went to Belize – Spices (Chiles, Celery Seed, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Coriander, Allspice), Onion, Garlic, Natural Flavors, Salt, Lemon Peel, Paprika, Annatto Seed, Citric Acid, Lemon Powder (Rice Maltodextrin, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Lemon Oil).
This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia – Canola Oil, Water, Fish Sauce (Anchovies, Sea Salt), Dijon Mustard (Water, Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, White Wine, Fruit Pectin, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Sugar, Spice), Cane Sugar, Garlic, Granulated Tamari Soy Sauce (Soy Sauce (Soybeans, Salt, Sugar) Maltodextrin, Salt), Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (Chili Pepper, Vinegar, Garlic, Sugar, Salt, Water, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum), Cultured Dextrose, Citric Acid, Salt, Xanthan Gum Contains: Soy, Anchovies (Fish)
Spatchocked Chicken – Chicken
Kewpie Mayonnaise – Vegetable Oil, Egg Yolk, Vinegar, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Spice, Natural Flavor
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships with ice packs, will not arrive frozen
- Upon arrival place immediately in the fridge
- Chicken can be kept for 3-5 days in the fridge, or up to 6 months frozen
- Mayonnaise must be refrigerated after opening
- All produce should be stored in the fridge
- Sauces, spices, and cashews should be stored at room temperature
Make the Citrus-Spiced Roasted Chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chickens from the brine and pat dry with paper towels or a clean kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup each canola oil and This Little Goat went to Belize spice blend and ½ teaspoon kosher salt.
- Rub the marinade all over the chicken until well coated on all sides.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet (or 2 smaller skillets if one is not large enough) over medium-high heat. Coat with a splash of cooking oil and once hot, place the chicken in the pan, skin side down (you should hear it sizzle).
- Sear on the stove until golden brown on the bottom side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven (or place on a baking sheet if your pan is not oven safe), SKIN SIDE STILL DOWN and roast for about 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, flip the chicken and continue cooking for about 10 minutes more, until cooked through. Note: every oven is different so cooking times may vary, but 30-35 minutes should cook the chicken through so it’s moist and tasty! Your chicken is done when the juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Remove chicken from the oven and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Let rest for at least 5 minutes before serving alongside Girl & the Goat Green Beans (recipe to follow) and fresh lemon wedges.
Make the Girl & the Goat Green Beans
Make the drizzle sauce:
- Whisk together ⅓ cup of the Kewpie mayo with about 3 tablespoons This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia sauce until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a small zip-top bag (this will act as a disposable squeeze bottle once you snip off the bottom corner).
Prep/blanch the green beans and shallots:
- Clean your green beans by breaking off any stems or damaged ends.
- Bring a pot of heavily-salted water to a rolling boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Carefully place the green beans in the boiling water and cook until bright green and just tender, about 2 minutes.
- Strain and immediately plunge into an ice water bath for 1 minute (don’t let them sit too long or they will get waterlogged). Drain and pat to dry.
- Thinly slice the shallot into rounds.
Cook the green beans:
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and coat with a drizzle of cooking oil.
- Add the green beans to the pan and season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Sauté the green beans for about 3-4 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally, as they begin to show a golden-brown blister.
- Once your green beans are beginning to brown, stir in the sliced shallots.
- Add in about 2 tablespoons of the Southeast Asia sauce, tossing to combine. Continue sautéing until well coated and warmed through, about 2-3 minutes more.
- Add in your cashews (breaking into smaller chunks, if desired) and toss them around in the pan until well coated in sauce.
Assemble and serve:
- Transfer green beans to a large serving bowl.
- Grab your bag of Southeast Asia drizzle sauce, cut off one bottom corner and drizzle sauce all over the green beans.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Girl & The Goat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.