The Legend. Gino’s East traditional Chicago style deep dish pan pizza with their famous golden crust, chunky tomato sauce, oozing with real aged cheese. Now that’s Chicago. This Pizza Making Kit is a unique opportunity to hand-make your own Gino’s East deep-dish pizza.
This package includes 3 DIY Deep Dish Pizza Making Kits
- Each finished pizza serves 3-4 people, weighs 33 oz, and measures 9"
Each Kit Includes:
- Gino’s Flour Blend (8.5 oz)
- Yeast (2.5 grams)
- Gino’s Pizza Oil (3 oz)
- Gino’s Pizza Sauce (10 oz)
- Mozzarella Cheese (8 oz)
- Gino’s Pizza Seasoning (5 grams)
You Will Also Need:
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Your Desired Toppings
- 4 oz Warm Water (heated to 100-110 degrees)
- 9" Seasoned Cast Iron Pan or Non-Stick Cake Pan
- Can also use an oven-safe skillet or cheesecake pan
Instructions / Storage
- Pizza Kits are shipped frozen with dry ice
- Dry ice may dissipate in transit
- Do not remove Dry Ice with bare hands
To Make the Dough
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add water & yeast.
- Whisk together and allow the yeast to hydrate for 2-5 minutes (Directions are the same if mixing by hand)
- Add oil and salt to bowl & whisk to combine
- Add flour to bowl & mix with the dough hook attachment on low speed for 2 minutes until a shaggy dough is formed (If mixing by hand: Add flour to the bowl and mix with a rubber spatula until a shaggy dough is formed)
- Increase speed to medium low & mix for 1 minute. The dough should be smooth & release from the sides of the bowl. If the dough is not fully incorporated, continue to mix on low speed until it is smooth & evenly colored (If mixing by hand: Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead by hand until the dough is smooth and uniformly colored. About 5-10 minutes)
- Meanwhile, add 1 TBSP oil to a 9” cast iron skillet or non-stick cake pan. Use a paper towel to brush all over inside of the pan
- Form dough into a smooth ball & place into cake pan/skillet. Cover with plastic wrap & allow to rise for at least 1 hour
To Make the Pizza
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees*
- Gently press dough to the edges of the pan, then use fingers to squeeze dough up the sides of the pan. If the dough starts to spring back, allow to rest for 5 minutes & repeat
- Place an even layer of mozzarella cheese onto the pizza
- Add any toppings on top of the cheese
- Pour sauce over toppings and cheese, spread evenly
with a spoon
- Top with Gino’s pizza seasoning
- Place pizza onto the center rack of the oven & bake for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, check pizza. The crust should be golden brown. The internal temperature should be at least 160 degrees. When a knife is inserted in the middle the cheese should be gooey & melted
- Allow pizza to rest for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut into 6 or 8 slices & serve
- Pizzas ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.